Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a winter of way too many fun bike projects, I am finally getting to this Centurian Ironman Master Dave Scott purchased last summer.

These are the before pic's. It is a 52cm bike, just a bit small for me, but for the build I have in mind, no problem.

The bike was purchased at a yard sale and was covered with some type of animal hair. I am assuming it was cat (at least I hope). I had to spray it down before I could take it into the house.

The after pictures will be posted in the next few days...Once I add a couple of finishing touches.

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
Not bad.

I found the nice red and white one as a complete bike for a friend of mine at a yard sale. It was filthy!!! It looked like some sort of PowerAde or coca-cola was dripped all over everything for a real long time. My friend didn't even look at it twice. Got it for $20. After I cleaned it up I had a beautiful bike which I sold him for $150. I steel wooled thg crap out of everything, added new cables and trued the wheels. Had in done on a chilly Sunday afternoon. I ussed copious amounts of Simple Green and mineral spirits to get the crud off. Your bike is going to clean up nicely!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Dad had one of the red and white ones, a couple sizes too small for me but I rolled around the driveway on it once or twice before it was sold. That was a pretty nice frame/fork and kit for only a couple hundred bucks (with my employee discount back in the day). Enjoy your project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts