Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went out tonight for a quick bike, and it happens to be "big trash day." I came accross this Windsor that fits me perfectly. It has a ladder type frame and the metal work looks real nice. What do you guys think? Is it worth making into a fixie? Is it worth anything?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
ouch.

One man's trash may be another man's treasure, but this isn't. It's a "mixte" (woman's) frame, with what looks like 27" wheels, and judging from the knurled "headset" and stamped brakes, I'd guess that this was an inexpensive frame, even for one made in Mexico in the 80s. Unless there's a sticker that indicates otherwise, this looks like high tensile steel. Just my .02 here, but whatever you'd invest in getting it fixed up would be better spent on a frame with more integrity, especially for a fixed gear project.

·
Master Bike Mechanic
409 Posts
I'd sell off the Groupo, should fetch around $50 at least.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those are 700c wheels, the fork isn't bent, everything works and runs smoothly although i don't plan on keeping any of the groupo. I doubt this thing will cost me anything to build up with the stuff i have lying around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.