Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Some of my family members want to rent some quality road bikes in the Nice area. Anyone have any suggetions? I searched for Nice bike shops and rentals...without much luck. Nicea and Holiday Rentals is all i could find, but they maybe scooter rentals.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I'll say upfront I don't know much about Nice but may be able to help. Two links below.The first is a guy named Bruno that runs Cyclomundo. More than just a straight travel company the guy claims he is a Cyclists travel agency and is based in Annecy France. He is not in Nice but should have some good ideas. The second link is Velo Loco which rents bikes in the Pyrenees. too far away from Nice BUT they may know of reputable outfits. They come recommended by a friend that rented from them for last years TdF. Hope this helps.

www.cyclomundo.com

http://www.veloloco.com/

·
Tourist
989 Posts
here's what the yellow pages say. If you speak a bit of french or can find somebody who speaks french, the yellow pages are located at www.pagesjaunes.fr and very well done.

Answers #1,2,5, maybe 6 will rent bikes.

I go to Nice regularly, but I've never biked there. Don't forget the bath suit.

Pierre

·
Registered
438 Posts
Having been to Nice... I looked around for bike rentals and couldnt find anything. You would want to be outside of Nice to bike anyway. We took the train to Finale Ligure, Italy (about 2hours) and it was fantastic. We mt biked, but there were roadies, too.

We went to Nice for work, and I didn't find it all that... nice. It is hard to google because of the name, too!

Contact Lorenzo at the Hotel Florenz in Finale Ligure. He has email.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks Guys for all the help. I've emailed TeoTeo guys and i will check the "juane-pages" now. I'm originally from Montreal, so i'll fumble thru the french yellow pages.
We'll be staying in Vence (in the mtns outside of Nice) and ride Col de Vence and Col de Madone (lance beware!!!). I fortunatley will bring my bike over....this is for my wife and father-in-law. If they can't find bikes it might be better for me anyway....to get after it!!

take care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts