Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to my LBS and ordered my first road bike on saturday morning. I was pretty excited to be getting my new allez sport this week. I went back there this morning to get some accesories for my new bike and the owner said he just got off the phone with specialized, and they dont have the allez sport in my size, in the black color. He had advised me against the white when I made my initial purchase because he said he didn't think it looked as nice and it was a really bright white. So this is what the owner did for me. For a little over a $100 more, he upgraded me to the allez elite. I saw one online, and man is it sweet looking. I can't wait to take her for a spin. Does anyone have any experience with this bike? I'd like to get some feedback on it. Thanks in advance for any replies.

· Registered
238 Posts
great deal!

the allez elite is a major upgrade with much better components. and if it's the silver like they had when my girflriend got her's a little over a year ago, and it's a solid and good looking bike.

super light and full 105 components except the brakes. i upgraded her to 105 brakes a couple months ago when the stock ones started rusting and pads were wearing out. put on new brakes, new chain and cassette too for her annual overhaul. the alex wheels are decently aero with the bladed spokes, but the hubs have a bit of play, even after my shop overhauled them... needs the quick release to be tight to keep out the side-to-side play.

enjoy the bike!
john

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't sure how much of an upgrade it was going to be. I'm not too familiar with road bike components as I ride the mountains. I'm used to shimano deore, lx, xt, etc. So 105, ultegra, dura ace, all that stuff is chinese to me for now lol. I just knew from experience that ya get what ya pay for with bikes, and if ya have a chance to upgrade to a higher level right from the start then it's usually a good idea. The color is black and it looks to have a really nice glossy finish to it. I hope this thing arrives soon.

· Registered
194 Posts
Ice025 said:
I'm used to shimano deore, lx, xt, etc. So 105, ultegra, dura ace, all that stuff is chinese to me for now lol.
FYI the basic mountain vs. road correspondence is generally considered to be:

Sora=Deore
105 = LX
Ultegra = XT
Dura Ace = XTR

· Beetpull DeLite
12,768 Posts
Ignatz said:
FYI the basic mountain vs. road correspondence is generally considered to be:

Sora=Deore
105 = LX
Ultegra = XT
Dura Ace = XTR
Where's Tiagra in your list?

I'd rate Tiagra on the level with Deore, and Sora somewhere down below, around Acera. I've never been impressed with the feel or quality of Sora components. Tiagra is a huge step up and isn't too bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.