Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to some folks from Asheville, NC at last weeks cross race about the night riding here in Spartanburg SC and they seemed shocked. Similar reactions at recent Winter Bike League training rides. In our little town in north central SC we have 3 organized group night rides (Tue Wed Thur) per week all winter. 25-50 miles. Anybody else doing this? Sure helps keep the fitness up and the weight down!

John

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oh yea

We do a 25 mile tuesday night ride weather permitting all year long. We ride on the Natchez Trace Parkway which at 6:30 PM is vitually deserted and plenty dark. Must have head & tail lights. Usually the only thing that stops us is ice and rain.

·
Registered
51 Posts
West End Rail said:
We do a 25 mile tuesday night ride weather permitting all year long. We ride on the Natchez Trace Parkway which at 6:30 PM is vitually deserted and plenty dark. Must have head & tail lights. Usually the only thing that stops us is ice and rain.

Rain stops you? Man, we haven't had a day without rain in over a month. Ah, well, that's life in the Pacific North-WET. We've had quite a bit of flooding. It makes for interesting riding!

-James

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Twice a weak.

My lbs has two night shop rides that goes year round. One is a beginner, intermediate, no drop ride of about 15 miles. The other is a fast 20 miles. Both are through town after rush hour traffic has died or on back streets. Rain or temps below 40 cancel. We miss a few weeks, but it sure helps keep you in shape. I do light up like a Christmas tree.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts