Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was dreaming about being concerned about watching the Giro.. and then it flashed before me - Landis was in the Yellow jersey for the TdF.

:aureola: Prophecy?? - I hope not!! :eek:

I woke up at the tought of that. :mad2:
 

·
Cannot bench own weight
Joined
·
4,298 Posts
bas said:
I was dreaming about being concerned about watching the Giro.. and then it flashed before me - Landis was in the Yellow jersey for the TdF.

:aureola: Prophecy?? - I hope not!! :eek:

I woke up at the tought of that. :mad2:
I think it's possible to see him in yellow after prologue or first real TT. He is pretty darn good at those ya know. Doubt we see that at the end of three weeks though. I wouldn't be mad if he won though. American Pride! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Vel07 said:
Why would you dream about that, and why be mad. Floyd hasnt been popular long enough to bring out the bike snobes and haters.
And Tommy D has? The snobs and haters are all over Danielson. Remember that Floyd has the one key characteristic that will keep the haters around him: his nationiality. The only thing that's kept them away so far is his rif with Armstrong. Just wait until Floyd says something nice about Lance.

I hope Floyd kicks butt in Le Tour.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
417 Posts
I hope everybody riding for, or formerly riding for the team now known as Discovery just drops dead and goes to hell. Seriously, I am interested in whoever has the best cycling prowess, not the best contacts to pharmaceutical R&D labs. Do I know this for sure. Hell no. But get this. We have a dude with a post-surgical deficit of testosterone. Testosterone is important for regeneration. But hey, when you got that much talent, fock regeneration, right? What I am saying is that there is something fishy about that squad, it smells more than a vagina in a fishmarket. Unfortunately, I kinda gotta hand it to Tommy, he has some talent, that kid. Oh yes. But he is with the bad guys now, so I am cheering on a yellow yersey for somebody else. Yeah like Dave Millar. At least it is more fun when you can 100% say they have been on something, and not just with 99,99999% certainty.
 

·
Cannot bench own weight
Joined
·
4,298 Posts
tricycletalent said:
I hope everybody riding for, or formerly riding for the team now known as Discovery just drops dead and goes to hell. Seriously, I am interested in whoever has the best cycling prowess, not the best contacts to pharmaceutical R&D labs. Do I know this for sure. Hell no. But get this. We have a dude with a post-surgical deficit of testosterone. Testosterone is important for regeneration. But hey, when you got that much talent, fock regeneration, right? What I am saying is that there is something fishy about that squad, it smells more than a vagina in a fishmarket. Unfortunately, I kinda gotta hand it to Tommy, he has some talent, that kid. Oh yes. But he is with the bad guys now, so I am cheering on a yellow yersey for somebody else. Yeah like Dave Millar. At least it is more fun when you can 100% say they have been on something, and not just with 99,99999% certainty.
Geeze i'd have to through CSC in there too then. That spring they just had ain't natural!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,422 Posts
Nah...

howardpowered said:
And Tommy D has? The snobs and haters are all over Danielson. Remember that Floyd has the one key characteristic that will keep the haters around him: his nationiality. The only thing that's kept them away so far is his rif with Armstrong. Just wait until Floyd says something nice about Lance.

I hope Floyd kicks butt in Le Tour.
I don't think too many people hate Tommy D, but what they do hate, myself included, are the people that keep referring to him as the next coming of a cycling god, when he hasn't proven himself at all yet. One top 10 finish at la Vuelta means, well, nothing. Tommy D, big talent, no results, yet. I'm hoping the best for him, and that the talkers are proven right for a change.

Floyd is cool, and hardcore. He's good. I just think that everyone who thinks he was going to win le Tour after he won the TOC back in February need a reality check. July, at this point in time, still a good distance away. He's had a good Spring, only time is going to tell if he can bring it into the summer. I hope that he can. Another American who wins le Tour will only mean good things for the US in terms of exposure to cycling. Although, unfortunately, after Armstrong's utter dominance the last 7 years, folks in the US who don't know much about cycling, if Landis should happen to be lucky enough to win, will be like, "So, he just won one. Lance won 7, big deal." That's what would happen unfortunately.

Will Landis win the tour this year? Doubtful. But he's got to be counted amongst the favorites to take it.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top