Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone recently received wheels from Nimble in Texas? I know that they are getting themselves back on their feet after the fire, but I've been waiting (and waiting) since early March for a set of Spider wheels in the 650c size. Granted, this is not a common size and I understand from David that they are having delays getting the 650c rims finished, but I'm curious as to whether others are getting wheels from them.

Also, if anyone can recommend a good source for very high quality 650c wheels, I'm completely open to suggestions.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I contacted Nimble about building a new set of alloy Fly tubulars last fall. I was told next month several times and waited until March without any hope of getting the wheels. I finally ordered a set of Alchemy hubs laced to Edge 245 rims through my LBS.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, spoke with David, finally.

It seems like the 650c wheels I've been waiting for may finally be ready (and hopfully before my wife's next tri) this week. That was the message for all of April, too, so I'll believe it when I see the wheels. The wait notwithstanding, David clearly is passionate about wheels and the details, and he's clearly struggling to get the company back on its feet. I certainly hope he can succeed in the face of what obviously is tremendous adversity. But with little or no product, it's going to be tough. (Sounds the the new Fly rims are even further behind the Spider rims.) I'll post a report when my wife's wheels arrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.