Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally received, after 3 months, a pair of new 650c Spider wheels from Nimble. There were some things that were incredibly frustrating about the ordering process, but the wheels are very nice and light and perfect for my wife's bike. So far very true, but they don't have a lot of miles on them. In terms of value, they are very good: DT Swiss(R)/Alchemy (F) hubs, Wheelsmith spokes and Nimble's own rims, for $670. You can select your drilling and whether you want internal or external nipples (but be very clear of what you want, in writing!), and David is passionate about his product.

I hope that the company survives and flourishes despite the fire. For somebody looking for a high-quality 650c wheel for a light rider, it's definitely one of the very few good alternatives out there (Rolf Prima being another). Just be prepared to wait. All in all, I'm glad I waited, but I'll build in plenty of lead time if I order from them again.

· Registered
565 Posts
Zen Cyclery said:
^ I would stay far away from Nimble rims. I have had many come back with issues with the rim cracking in multiple places near the spoke holes. I would never ride them myself and I would never again recommend anyone else to ride them.
You've highly recommended them in the past...have the problems you mention just been an issue with rims sourced recenty?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.