Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
l keep reading about nio rims on the site, but l dont know what they are or who makes them.
As l am going to get a set of racing wheels made up, any help would be greatly valued.:idea:

· Registered
8,000 Posts
They are made by KinLin in Tiawan. They are excellent aluminum rims and avthe most popular aluminum rims to work with now among builders.

They come in mnay different rims heights and spoke counts.

I have been using them for years now and love them. Many of the builde4rs here like Ligero, ergott and rruff carry them and build a to of wheels with them.

They are aluminumm rims enchanced with an elelemnt called Niobium which makes them stronger.

· Registered
499 Posts
I just got some on a PowerTap build. I don't have many miles on them yet, but they seem pretty nice, and light. I swear my new wheelset - with the PowerTap - weighs less than the Ksyrium SLs I was using.

· Registered
2,673 Posts
Read the top of the list. http://www.alchemybicycleworks.com/ABW Price List 04-10-08.pdf the Kinlin:XR-300 is the popular 30mm rim, Kinlin:XR-270 is 27mm and Kinlin:XR-200 is 22mm similar to Mavic open pro. affordable, easy to get, strong (within limits) and a pretty good value. Add double butted or bladed spokes and light hubs and racing set can be had for less than a set of pre-builts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.