Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to road biking having been on a MB for years and used it to ride the roads. I now want to get a road bike with about a 2K budget.

My LBS is great. Their biggest selection is in Giant and Raleigh. They make great bikes, but I am interested in getting a Bianchi.

I did a brief test ride on a via Nirone with the 105 set that they had in stock. I think if I went that route I would upgrade to the veloce group and get it in celeste.:thumbsup:

My question is this:

They don't have the 928 in stock. I haven't asked, but I am sure that they could get their hands on one for a test ride. For those that have an opinion - would the "upgrade" in frame be worth it with the 105 components. I know I could always upgrade the components later if need be.

Also, does the 928 come in celeste? On the bianchi website, I only see a white with some celeste accents.

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Banned
460 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can get the 928 in celeste. I have a Via Nirone w/ 105, mavic ksyrium equipes and an upgraded Dura-Ace crank. I love it but I wish I had the extra money for full carbon - easier on your butt after 45miles in the saddle.

Gran Fondo in Nashville is one of the largest Bianchi dealers in the Eastern U.S. Give them a call regarding the 928 in celeste or Glory Cycles in Orlando. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Where are you located ...... you mentioned a 2K budget but you didn't mention $? Then "Raleigh" got me thinking you may be UK based?

My comment re: the Via Nirone is that at 2K (£ or $) you should be onto a better bike (not saying there is anything wrong with the Via Nirone!) - 2K should easily get you onto a 928 with a suitable groupo.

I went through a similar dilemma late last year (see previous threads) and eventually bought a 928 Mono-Q c/w Veloce - a new 928 model for 2009. It's an absolutely incredible ride, taught yet forgiving, some road testers comparing it to a tradiotional "steel" ride but obviously a fraction of the weight being a carbon monocoque. I'm very very hapy with my decision :thumbsup: Only downside was I really wanted celeste/Campy but not currently available, ended up settling for white (other option was a complete Shimano to Campy swap which I decided was too much hassle) and swapping the seat and bar-tape to celeste :blush2:

Stu.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the original ambiguous post. I am in Ohio, so obviously I am talking $ not Euros.

I was thinking the 928 C2C. It's "list price" on the bianchi website is about 2300 with the Shimano 105 components. Obviously it can be had for a little less than this.

On their website, it looks like the frame is white with celeste accents. Although, it looks like the '08 928 C2C was black with celeste, which I think looks a lot better. But, the only Bianchi dealer in my area doesn't have any in stock, and I want to support them if possible as they have treated me great in the past with prior purchases.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Keep 'em coming

·
Banned
460 Posts
Orthodoc said:
Sorry for the original ambiguous post. I am in Ohio, so obviously I am talking $ not Euros.

I was thinking the 928 C2C. It's "list price" on the bianchi website is about 2300 with the Shimano 105 components. Obviously it can be had for a little less than this.

On their website, it looks like the frame is white with celeste accents. Although, it looks like the '08 928 C2C was black with celeste, which I think looks a lot better. But, the only Bianchi dealer in my area doesn't have any in stock, and I want to support them if possible as they have treated me great in the past with prior purchases.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Keep 'em coming
If you really want to support the local dealer,have them order you one. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts