Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before 'n after. This was a fun project. And it really does ride great; nuttin' wrong with hi-ten.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave Hickey said:
sweet...I like the bars....what are they?
On-One Midge bars. Kind of hard to tell from the camera angle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave Hickey said:
Can you use the hoods with any degree of comfort on a midge bar? I was thinking about them on a project
I've only used it for short distances, but the hoods were fine. Definitely most useable than the hoods on a moustache bar, I think. The bar isn't as flat as it seems in the photos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,094 Posts
I like it. Reminds me of my Raleigh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
On One Midge

Dave Hickey said:
Can you use the hoods with any degree of comfort on a midge bar? I was thinking about them on a project
Dave,

I don't know if you remember the black/orange Fort Ro Uno I posted last year, but I used the midge bars on that build and really liked them. I had a lot of hills on my commuter route and was very comfortable on the hoods during climbs.

TBro
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,473 Posts
TBro said:
Dave,

I don't know if you remember the black/orange Fort Ro Uno I posted last year, but I used the midge bars on that build and really liked them. I had a lot of hills on my commuter route and was very comfortable on the hoods during climbs.

TBro

I do remember...thanks....I'm going to try them.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
42/16

JP said:
Nice. How did you gear it? You know living at the top of a hill and all.
Here is the thread with pics if you want to look at it. 42/16 which was quite a workout on some of the steep hills in and out of the Mississippi River Valley where I live. I wish I could convince FORT to make some more Cro Moly frames. This was the last of their single speeds I got on clearance made with Japanese Sanko tubing.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=134921
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JP said:
Nice. How did you gear it? You know living at the top of a hill and all.
38/17. I wanted an easy gear for bebopping around.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top