Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new at this old bike stuff... I recently came up with a Burgundy Nishiki Marina 12. Side pull Dia Compe Brakes, Suntour Power Shift levers on the steering neck, Suntour Seven de-railers, Mallard Hubs, and on the front hub both 16 and 82 stamped on it. It has a decal on the seat post that says "Chrome Molybdenum" and the seat clamp is part of the top lug(?). The only numbers I found were under the bottom bracket (which has 2 openings on the bottom side) G0582 and 210388. Any ideal what year/s this bike was built? Where in the line does it fall? From the looks of the clamp-on cable holders on the down tube, I would guess pretty basic low end bike.

I guess what I really need to know, is this frame worth using for a fix'd? It does have forged drop-outs with "Suntour GT" stamped onto it.

When I first found this bike, I also found a web-blog or user group specificaly for the Nishiki "Marina", and I'll be d#$%% I can't find it again....

Peace/Thanx Steve

·
Registered
614 Posts
Your Nishiki is around 20 years old, give or take a couple of years.

If it fits you, it might be the ideal candidate. Myself, I prefer a SS to a fixie any day of the week that ends in a "y". But hey, its your bike.....do whatever blows your hair back.

BTW, do the dropouts say Suntour GT or Suntour GS? Just curious.....

Good luck with your project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.