Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swore I would never pay a lot of money for bottle cages, after all they're just bottle cages right? Then I bought a classy bike from a classy forum member and he left them on. Well that did it. I order six and probably will get them for all my bikes. They look that good. Just sayin'

b21

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
I love nitto....... but I draw the line at their magnificent cages......now if they were a gift...it would be a whole 'nuther story...

My Bianchi has nitto stem and seat post and soon to be bars....

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Are they that expensive?

I only used Bontrager so far and that came with my bike thankfully, sorta.

Now I need a new one for my TT bike that hasn't gotten any cages yet.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I just replaced my gawd ugly Ciusi cages

With some stainless ones from Velo Orange, simple and elegant, $15 each. They are the ones that the bottom of the bottle rests on the stop and have the long arc.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I bought the basic stainless steel ones from Performance, which were about $5 each with a nice water bottle included. About 35-40 grams which is pretty light considering my old aluminum cages were 75-80 each. I think they look nice too - if you like the simplicity and classic look of a wire type bottle cage.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FatTireFred said:
no worries, I still don't know what nittos op is enamoured with... and there are 2 examples on vo's site
one's on the right, I think Riv raised the prices since I bought them....they look much better in person, which is why I went ahead and got them

b21

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.