Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
519 Posts
Is there a way to order straight from Nitto in Japan? I know that they don't have a distributor in the USA and since the bike shops are just buying straight from the source, I'd like to do the same. I'd have to order and have it mailed anyway, so why not just order it from Japan? Plus, the two places that I know that have Nitto stems don't have the one that I want in the size that I want.

· Frog Whisperer
41,533 Posts
barbedwire said:
Is there a way to order straight from Nitto in Japan? I know that they don't have a distributor in the USA and since the bike shops are just buying straight from the source, I'd like to do the same. I'd have to order and have it mailed anyway, so why not just order it from Japan? Plus, the two places that I know that have Nitto stems don't have the one that I want in the size that I want.
Bike shops aren't buying them from Nitto, ....my LBS has a catalogue from one of their suppliers with all the nitto stuff in it..I've bought nitto at Bens Cycles, Yellow Jersey, Rivendell, and Expedition Supply in Beaver Dam, Wi....Wheel and Sprocket too

· Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
barbedwire said:
Is there a way to order straight from Nitto in Japan? I know that they don't have a distributor in the USA and since the bike shops are just buying straight from the source, I'd like to do the same. I'd have to order and have it mailed anyway, so why not just order it from Japan?
Nitto has several distributors in the USA who order from Nitto in bulk. Mailing a single stem to a consumer would make little sense for anyone.

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Not to crash the thread, but after looking for the Nitto Technomic, then seeing the price... I went with a Kalloy aluminum threaded stem (120mm, 77* drop), and love it. All the photos online show it looking like a piece of cast iron steel, but it's a nice smooth and efficient stem. Oh, and it only cost $11 at universalcycles. Hope that helps just in case you want to stray from brands.

· Banned
519 Posts
PeanutButterBreath said:
Nitto has several distributors in the USA who order from Nitto in bulk. Mailing a single stem to a consumer would make little sense for anyone.

Not really. I actually know of bike shops that have ordered straight from Nitto. If you want to call those bike shops, "distributors", then yeah, but I don't consider them any more of a distributor than myself. And if I go ask a bike shop to contact Nitto directly to get me a stem, they will do so, but I will pay the shipping fee and I have no problem with that. However, if that is going to be the case, then I might as well order 1 single stem from Nitto myself, rather than pay shipping from Japan to the bike shop, and then more shipping from the bike shop to my house.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.