Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Climbing shorts. Belt and clasp. Zippered Fly. Lotsa pockets. And most importantly 4 directional stretchage. FTW.

Who would have thought?

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rward325 said:
No padding in the appropriate places though.
Brooks B17 on all of my bikes, except the MTB which needs the upgrade... and the Bamboo Bike which has the B17 w/ springs.

I can ride 50ish miles w/out a chamois.. at least when i wasnt a fatass..

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
I think I'd snag 'em on my saddle, and I'd crash and die.

Folks, the chamois on your nnc shorts is for moisture transfer, not a comfortable pad... though you wouldn't know it if you bought PI, or even some assos shorts. Don't know what gives with that.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Argentius said:
I think I'd snag 'em on my saddle, and I'd crash and die.

Folks, the chamois on your nnc shorts is for moisture transfer, not a comfortable pad... though you wouldn't know it if you bought PI, or even some assos shorts. Don't know what gives with that.
At what point do you not wear a chamois?

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hollywood said:
Oh. I just wear padded liners or lycra shorts and pull whatever casual shorts I own over them.
My casual short collection has dwindled due to wearing primarily jeans for a couple years.

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
BentChainring said:
My casual short collection has dwindled due to wearing primarily jeans for a couple years.
Cut your jeans into some jorts and be the most stylin' dude on the road.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Argentius said:
...the chamois on your nnc shorts is for moisture transfer, not a comfortable pad... .
Orly? Since when? Back in the day of wool shorts and real chamois, it was for friction reduction. I guarandamntee you there was no moisture xfer thru that leather.

I do agree it's mostly padding these days... getting hard to find a thin liner anymore.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
Friction, yeah, keeping the clammy wetness off of your junk (totally kode?) with the high-tech stuff these days, but, I have no desire to wear my saddle!

Creakyknees said:
Orly? Since when? Back in the day of wool shorts and real chamois, it was for friction reduction. I guarandamntee you there was no moisture xfer thru that leather.

I do agree it's mostly padding these days... getting hard to find a thin liner anymore.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Argentius said:
Friction, yeah, keeping the clammy wetness off of your junk (totally kode?) with the high-tech stuff these days, but, I have no desire to wear my saddle!
Ok, so at what length ride do you install a chamois onto your taint?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts