Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Boobies!
8,163 Posts
Hope your mate is OK.

I hate, hate, hate those bridges--we used to have a route where there were a couple--gaps wide enough to get into serious trouble.

Bad job of the organizers not to mark it.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
I hope someone rips the organizers a new one for the lousy route marking.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
I hope his health recovers quickly

That bike....ouch! Double ouch on the decimated Lews...that hurts all the way over here.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Creakyknees said:
Around these parts, some covered bridges (naturally popular for inclusion on rides) are planked longitudinally. Organizers usually mark them on the maps, prewarn, erect signs, and often enough put up a couple of volunteers with a rope across the road to make people get off and walk.

Good luck to your comrade.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
Crap that sucks. I hope he is doing OK. Definitely have a word with the organizer.

·
Le Misérable
4,374 Posts
Jeebus...that's awful.

Speedy recovery...and of course, if that bridge absolutely HAS to be in the course next year, how 'bout some signs, both before the descent and before the bridge? That's an astounding oversight.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Somebody dropped the ball big time on that one. We did a ride last week where every, and I mean every little pothole was marked with flourescent paint. And then there were signs at the most dangerous points on descents etc. That's just plain negligent on the organzers part. At a very minimum they should mention it in the pre-ride announcements or on the queue sheet.

Hope that your friend will be ok and that he has a quick recovery.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I live right near there, and I ride the cross beams normally rather than trying to stay on one long board. Not at all trying to blame the rider here, as obviously the issue was not how it was ridden but the way it wasn't marked. Sorry to hear about that. Almost rode in that as well but we had a garage sale.

·
Who needs a map?
2,527 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts