Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a box full of bike and team kit. I'd like to thank George Hincapie for selling the best fitting women's clothing I've ever worn. I must have a twin somewhere that he's using as a clothing model, because it's perfect right down to the length of the arm warmers.

George, I'll never make fun of your butt-chin again :thumbsup:

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Ahem....... I'll be the first to request.........

PICS!!!

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
+1000

I have a hincapie Cycles Gladiator Jersey (Free from the winemaker). It is by far the best fitting and constructed jersey that I own or have seen. I'm really considering paying the big bucks for some hincapie bibs.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i've never had any of it. i'll keep it in mind.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
The two pairs of Hincapie bibs I own are the best fitting shorts I've ever used. Very accommodating to men with a disproportionately gigantic ass.

To pick a nit - seams on the chamois separated on both pairs. Bummer.

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
The two pairs of Hincapie bibs I own are the best fitting shorts I've ever used. Very accommodating to men with a disproportionately gigantic ass.
I guess I'll have to wear them backwards.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
1 ) Isn't Hincapie clothing, like, GH's brother?

2 ) The men's clothing, not so much on the fit. It think they have the Assos male model in mind -- lots of strange extra room a the upper chest, gigantic arm holes, that kinda thing.

3 ) The stitching was all weird on our team gear, the 1 Hincapie order we did -- stripes all noncontiguous, etc.

4 ) It was 1.5 times as expensive as Verge, Voler for the stuff.

Maybe they were just drunk that day.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Bonktown...NOW

·
Registered
689 Posts
Argentius said:
1 ) Isn't Hincapie clothing, like, GH's brother?

2 ) The men's clothing, not so much on the fit. It think they have the Assos male model in mind -- lots of strange extra room a the upper chest, gigantic arm holes, that kinda thing.

3 ) The stitching was all weird on our team gear, the 1 Hincapie order we did -- stripes all noncontiguous, etc.

4 ) It was 1.5 times as expensive as Verge, Voler for the stuff.

Maybe they were just drunk that day.
Yes, it's Rich Hincapie. Interesting blog attempt.

The men's clothing fit is a bit odd this year. My team have had issues with the upper body garments being too large. Last 3 years were all perfect.

We had some minor detail issues (printing, stitching color); mostly not too serious.

The stuff is the highest quality cycling kit I have ever worn. The Polar clothing is hands-down incredible. Sure, it's expensive, but at least you'll look good and no one will be able to see your arse through threadbare bibs come September.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
the clothing at my job uses hincapie. it fits a little... weird. i dunno. whatever. clothes are clothes. i don't really think about them when i'm riding. so i'm not really worried about it.

otoh, at least my work kit is blue.... which cleans up much nicer than my team's white.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Only Hincapie article that I have are a pr of windstopper booties which are nice but fit a bit weird, although it is probably due to my cleat placement on my shooz.

·
Still waiting......
1,321 Posts
Have a few Hincapie jerserys, they're my favorites. Debating getting some of the bibs.

As for the BH Connect. A good friend rides one, really likes it. Says it's the best descending bike he's ever owned, and he's a nutty descender so that's say a lot. I never got used to the square tubes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts