Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forty bucks for knee warmers at the LBS. We got big sheets of black 3mm neoprene at work. $7.92 worth of neoprene and 15 minutes later - BAM! Gonna try them out this afternoon. I'm sure you didn't want to see me modeling them with my pants around my ankles so here you go.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Not so sure about that thick of neoprene. You will stay warm all right.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
That's too thick for my taste. I'd say you'd be pretty chafed around the knees after a long ride.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
Question is, would it stay up......

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i keep forgetting you don't look like you avitar.

maybe the junk toucher can fart on them.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Crikey!! Those are leg BAKERS...

·
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JustTooBig said:
Crikey!! Those are leg BAKERS...
I guess I could sew some little pouches in them to hold those ice pack thingys.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
I guess I could sew some little pouches in them to hold those ice pack thingys.
what are you using for leg grippers? I'd think without some kind of elastic gripper they'd just fall down.

·
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I figure I would put them on first and then the bibs plus I'll be wearing PI tights over the top of all that.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
you're gonna need some sort of sweat mgmt system.

I use neoprene socks for my toesies when it's cold. they work great up till I stop and the sweat cools off, then I start again and it's cold and freezes my sweat.

maybe have a wicking layer underneath, like some thin polypro tights or long johns.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
If you need ...

...legwarmers made of 3mm neoprene you need full tights anyway!

Let us know how they work out... I am super cheap but breatheability is too important for me to use something like that.

·
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, I'm back. First let me say that it is too early in the season for me to be trying to keep up with the Tri-maniac that has no life and spends all winter "training". He took me out and kicked my ass for 35 miles. My HR was above 90% of max most of the time except when he dropped me on the climb and I just stuck it at 80%. The good news - my knee didn't hurt much.

How'd the leg warmers work? Not too bad. Considering that my thighs/knees are always freezing when I go ride when it's below 40 they were awesome. Things did get a little warm but I prefer that to being to cold.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts