Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my ride this morning, I hit the pavement at a red light. I just tipped over in morning traffic. Just one of those odds things. Even with my Light Action Speedplay pedals. The handlebars just turned one way with the wind and down I went.

That has NEVER happened to me on the road and just once about 12 yrs ago when I started MTB riding with clipless pedals.

Now damage to my bike or my nice Assos bibs! :rolleyes:

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
and did you spring up and immediately look at the bike like there was something wrong with it?

aaah, that never worked for me, either...

the last time it happened, I stood up and took a big theatrical bow to the "applause" of a couple car horns :)

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
Ouch!

I had nearly such an incident this week, I run SPD MTB pedals on my commuter, and some mud had clogged 'em -- couldn't unclip! Had to do a presto little circle and toe-bashed the fender, almost lost it.

Dirtboy, can I ask you something?

Is English your second language? If so, what is your first?

Your posts are well-worded a fun but sometimes there is a phrase or word that makes me wonder that.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Argentius said:
Dirtboy, can I ask you something?

Is English your second language? If so, what is your first?

Your posts are well-worded a fun but sometimes there is a phrase or word that makes me wonder that.
Uh, no. I know sometimes I am lazy as hell when I am typing that I misspell crap. What phrase or words? LMAO! I never heard anyone ask me that before.

Also I DO know my brain thinks faster than I can type.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JustTooBig said:
and did you spring up and immediately look at the bike like there was something wrong with it?
Of course! :D :rolleyes:

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
Uh, no. I know sometimes I am lazy as hell when I am typing that I misspell crap. What phrase or words? LMAO! I never heard anyone as me this before.

joe

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
Uh, no. I know sometimes I am lazy as hell when I am typing that I misspell crap. What phrase or words? LMAO! I never heard anyone as me this before.

Ha, that works! Hope I didn't offend ya! :)

Let's see, take that sentence above: "I never head anyone as me this before."

First of all, of course, you wrote AS instead of ASK. Not a big deal, but it's common enough!

Then, the tense and is awkward, along with "this" when many would've used "that." So, I would expect to see "I've never had anyone ask me that before."

It's just idiosyncratic, and in a similar fashion as other ESL speakers I've known. I speak only clumsy Spanish, and I muck up my tenses and prepositions a lot...

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I did that last summer kinda. I went to put my foot down on the curb at a red light, and managed to mis-judge the edge. My foot slid right of and I went down. Luckily It was kinda late at night so no one saw.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
During my ride this morning, I hit the pavement at a red light. I just tipped over in morning traffic. Just one of those odds things. Even with my Light Action Speedplay pedals. The handlebars just turned one way with the wind and down I went.

That has NEVER happened to me on the road and just once about 12 yrs ago when I started MTB riding with clipless pedals.

Fwiw, speedplay's are the only pedals I've ever had jam on me. I'll let you use that as an excuse.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
DIRT BOY said:

I've also found that the hotness of the woman waiting at the light drastically increases your chances of falling over or missing a clip-in when starting out

glad you are OK

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Argentius said:
Ha, that works! Hope I didn't offend ya! :)

Let's see, take that sentence above: "I never head anyone as me this before."

First of all, of course, you wrote AS instead of ASK. Not a big deal, but it's common enough!

Then, the tense and is awkward, along with "this" when many would've used "that." So, I would expect to see "I've never had anyone ask me that before."

It's just idiosyncratic, and in a similar fashion as other ESL speakers I've known. I speak only clumsy Spanish, and I muck up my tenses and prepositions a lot...
No you did not.

I am just lazy as hell when I am typing this crap. BUT you are right. I should be more careful and watch my grammar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts