Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For various reasons too tedious to go into here, I have been effectively off the bike for pretty much all of this calendar year.

BUT, feeling better, the Doc said OK and the weather cooperated.............

So, what's a guy to do?

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
your horizon's are tilted. sweet bike and kudos for getting back on her.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Gorgeous bike, trying to connect vineyards a little hint of glacial lake valley and a hint of snow. Canada jersey may be a red herring, I might guess western Finger Lakes but for the snow. So where is it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ZenNMotion said:
Gorgeous bike, trying to connect vineyards a little hint of glacial lake valley and a hint of snow. Canada jersey may be a red herring, I might guess western Finger Lakes but for the snow. So where is it?
South Central British Columbia.

Okanagan Valley.

No red herrings.

·
Registered
850 Posts
What model Peg?

I want a B.L. Emma in the worst way. While we're talking about Dario, does anyone know how he's doing healthwise? Seem to remember something about cancer.:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BIGBOB said:
What model Peg?

I want a B.L. Emma in the worst way. While we're talking about Dario, does anyone know how he's doing healthwise? Seem to remember something about cancer.:(

The Peg is a Luigino.

Steel frame, steel fork and hand-carved lugs.

Beautiful bike.

I may have a line on another ( don't tell my wife!!!)

Dario, as far as I know, is doing fine. He was diagnosed with Lymphoma about 2 years ago and is now back at work doing what he loves.

This is a tremendous bike in so many ways.

The BLE is stunning but I think is too much bike for me.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Good to see you on the bike. With too many bikes, it's still not too surprising you pulled out the Peg. We had a couple of dry days last week, and the Peg got a couple of short rides up the hill. Love that bike. JP

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
looks like it was a great day for a ride. glad your issues have been cleared for you to get on the bike. most of my miles have been on the trainer, so when i get out, it feels like i'm never on my bike.

·
Registered
850 Posts
:crazy:
toomanybikes said:
The Peg is a Luigino.

The BLE is stunning but I think is too much bike for me.
Shoulda known by the lugs. (Luigino)

Unfortunately my size dictates what I ride. I've had people following me while I would leadout for the sprint marvel how my frame did not snap in the bottom bracket area. I'm thinkin' they saw a lotta flex. Though I've not broken any frames yet. But I also buy with special attention to downtube and or chainstay construction.

I think I really need a BLE.:thumbsup:

Maybe next year. Though I have a late 80's early 90's steel lugged Pinarello Montello that needs to be built up. Been sitting on it for 3 years. Got all the parts, need to get off ny butt. I do like a SLX framed Pinn. But lust after a good (for me) Peg.

And good to hear that Dario is still doing what he loves..........making us happy.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BIGBOB said:
:crazy:

Shoulda known by the lugs. (Luigino)

Unfortunately my size dictates what I ride. I've had people following me while I would leadout for the sprint marvel how my frame did not snap in the bottom bracket area. I'm thinkin' they saw a lotta flex. Though I've not broken any frames yet. But I also buy with special attention to downtube and or chainstay construction.

I think I really need a BLE.:thumbsup:

Maybe next year. Though I have a late 80's early 90's steel lugged Pinarello Montello that needs to be built up. Been sitting on it for 3 years. Got all the parts, need to get off ny butt. I do like a SLX framed Pinn. But lust after a good (for me) Peg.

And good to hear that Dario is still doing what he loves..........making us happy.:)
Well,

You put your order in about now and you will have it in 18 - 24 months.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Unfortunantly finances dictate otherwise. I've been out of work since July '08. Good for me that I have always lived well within my finances. Still good until Aug of this year. But thats because I don't buy off the cuf

I'm starting a small buisness, an industry which I've got 11 + years exp. in. When and if it all comes together, the first excessive purchase I make may well be a BLE. And in orange. What other color is there?:)

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
You say "I said hello to an old friend today," and then I see this?

Good for you getting back on the bike.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
You mean it's not snowing??

How can that be?

Hoping to get a ride in today after some work on the 'puter. The yard has effectively held me hostage for the last three weeks. :( Have a century coming up in June (goes right past my house) and at this rate I'll be luckky if I can make it 8 miles before I'm looking for the sag mobile.

In other news, whatever the issues keeping you off the bike, I'm certainly glad it's no longer the case!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts