Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to ride on Sunday afternoon. That means that I was able to ride "year round"* in southeast Idaho.

*If the criteria is riding at least one day out of a month.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Where'd you go?

I was hoping for decent weather up here, but it was pretty crummy yesterday, so on the stoopid trainer I went.

I refuse to take "my baby" out on icy/wet/dirty roads. I need to get a klunker for days such as that.

·
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live about 10 blocks from the street that turns into East River road so it only takes about five minutes for me to get out of traffic and on the open road. It's 19.10 miles from my door to County Line road and back. The roads were completely dry except on the way back there was a lot of snow/ice creeping into the lane. Thanks to the Domino's Pizza girl who waited patiently behind me as I skirted the ice.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
nice job.

·
yup
2,726 Posts
I was afread this was another poast about your wife "helping" you.

I rode Sunday too. In SE Oregon.

·
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, we got the results back from that one and it was resounding "NOT GONNA HAPPEN!"

·
MTBR Member
2,908 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
I refuse to take "my baby" out on icy/wet/dirty roads. I need to get a klunker for days such as that.
I hear ya.

I'm a "year round cyclist" given BMX's criteria. However, not wanting to coat my bikes in winter road salt slush really limited how much I was getting outdoors.

I got my hands on this to help with that. It cost me nothing, as it is my dad's old bike which he said I could have. The play in the BB is quite annoying, but I don't really want to spend ANY money on it right now.

·
yup
2,726 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
No, we got the results back from that one and it was resounding "NOT GONNA HAPPEN!"
Sorry to hear that :(

I took most of Feb off riding- My Sunday ride was brutal. I hate when I slack off and all that conditioning goes away....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts