Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you say....Do you think that I'm being too hasty is thinking that this tire is just about ready to be replaced? I hate to waste good money by discarding a tire with a little more life left in it......The other option is to move it from the rear to the front where it won't get as much wear.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,151 Posts
Well, duh. Clearly, the manufacturer of the tire put a secondary, more faster riding surface underneath the top, slower one. If it were me, I'd take a belt sander to the outermost riding surface to expose the secondary riding surface.

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
Depends on what you are riding on. The trainer? Fine. Actual roads with bits and sand and crap on them?..... Buy a lotto ticket

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Save it for races. Less mileage = win.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Is this a trick question or is that an optical illusion? If it's a trick question, ask your wife or significant other. If it's an optical illusion, ask your wife's or significant others mother.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Stop using the wheel as a weapon and the tires will last longer.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For training, I only use cheap wire bead tires. I probably have way over 3000++ miles on this one.

I hate to throw it away.....Hell, I paid $20 for it (with shop discount).....It should last longer.

·
Trying to return....
418 Posts
Try to ride around the areas that are worn through, that way you have less risk of puncture (but may be weaving around a lot).

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
For training, I only use cheap wire bead tires. I probably have way over 3000++ miles on this one.

I hate to throw it away.....Hell, I paid $20 for it (with shop discount).....It should last longer.
Kenda Kaliente Iron Cloak. Shop discount --> $13. Mileage is around 3000 for me, 195g and it doesn't get flats. They're my go-to clinchers

·
donuts?
8,945 Posts
if you don't want it, i can use it. i'm sure it will work fine when used in conjunction with a Lounge jersey...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts