Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nnc Shewz--now with UPDATION!--

I normally ride Diadora (past 6 years) which fit me feetz perfectly but there are some pretty sweet deals out there on adidas. Are they worth their salt or are they the suxxor like adidas jerseys?

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
JohnHenry said:
I normally ride Diadora (past 6 years) which fit me feetz perfectly but there are some pretty sweet deals out there on adidas. Are they worth their salt or are they the suxxor like adidas jerseys?
Dunno anything about adidas shoes, but I swear by both sidi and specialized shoes. And you can usually find good deals on the specs on their website.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
quit monkeyarsing around and treat yerself to a pair of SIDIs. I found '08 Dominators for $145 on ebay just recently. Trust me, your dogs will thank you. I gots a pair of Dominator 3s that are over 10 years old now that still work great as my commuter/fixie/beater pair. Once they're broken in they feel like bedroom slippers. Passed along my '06 Dominators to the same teammate I sold my old beater hardtail to, and now he's soundly cursing my name for "making" him upgrade to SIDIs across the board.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
lonefrontranger said:
quit monkeyarsing around and treat yerself to a pair of SIDIs. I found '08 Dominators for $145 on ebay just recently. Trust me, your dogs will thank you. I gots a pair of Dominator 3s that are over 10 years old now that still work great as my commuter/fixie/beater pair. Once they're broken in they feel like bedroom slippers. Passed along my '06 Dominators to the same teammate I sold my old beater hardtail to, and now he's soundly cursing my name for "making" him upgrade to SIDIs across the board.
+1...SIDIs have never failed me. I made the mistake of buying Pearl Izumi MTB shoes last time and really don't like the fit or function as well as my old SIDIs. I have a pair of SIDI Shadows going on 10 years now. All I've had to replace is the heel strike.

//Where you been LFR? Cruiser season is just getting underway. Come on out sometime.

///Pro Bike Kit has some killer deals on SIDI often.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
I have sidi, diadora, and now shimano. I had adidas touring shoes once. They ran small and my feet did not like them.
Sidi: nice. My toe box is bigger than the diadora and shimano
diadora: fit the best. But the toebox is pointy, so I look like a silver-footed witch
shimano: only 35 miles. Feel reqlly nice, but I was getting hot spots. Might be the keo cleats. also, I need to break in the upper around the ankle.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
SIDIs are where it's at. I had a pair of Diadoras in the past, and they were nice, but they don't compare to my SIDIs. They were, of course, less expensive, but I'm willing to spend a little extra cash on my foot gloves if'n it keeps me more comfortable on the bike. More comfort = more riding, & more riding = happy.

I'd always use Diadora soccer shoes when I played back in the day. They were my favorite soccer shoe brand by far. Those Italians can make a damn fine shoe.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
I've been messing around with Carnacs, Northwaves and Shimano shoes for about 10 years. They're always $50 or $60 less than the Sidis. I've never really liked my shoes, but you push through.

This winter I finally got some Sidis. Ooooh, butter. Where have these things been all my life?

·
Batteries not required
1,035 Posts
Lake

I have Lake CX330 road shoes. I see Sidi's everywhere (for good reason I'm sure) but I've never seen anyone with my shoes. They are the bomb...understated looks, awesome retention system, stiff, light, comfortable, and fairly reasonably priced.

http://www.glorycycles.com/lacxrosh.html

I didn't buy them from Glory, just did a quick search and found this link....

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Kangaroo leather huh...better call PETA.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I've had Adidas MTB and road shewz. Not bad, but if i had to pick, I'd go with Northwave or Diadora (have a pr of each and both fit my feetz like gloves.) Sorry. No Sidis for me.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Try some SIDIs dude.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
BunnV said:
I have Lake CX330 road shoes. I see Sidi's everywhere (for good reason I'm sure) but I've never seen anyone with my shoes. They are the bomb...understated looks, awesome retention system, stiff, light, comfortable, and fairly reasonably priced.

http://www.glorycycles.com/lacxrosh.html

I didn't buy them from Glory, just did a quick search and found this link....
Oh Jesus, don't mention Glory Cycles to the OP...
He'll get all foamed up and start complaining like a 13 year old girl who got her Blackberry taken away....

·
Cap'n of Industry
1,753 Posts
I have Diadora SIDI and NorthWave. The SIDI Megas are just not quite right for me and the normal SIDIs are too narrow. Diadoras and NorthWave both seem to be wide foot friendly. FWIW NorthWave is my favorite, Diadora fits as well but they always seem heavier.

Edit: wtf this was about Adidas. Got side tracked. Buy some and let us know how it works out, especially if they are wider than the average shoe like NWs.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,288 Posts
JohnHenry said:
I normally ride Diadora (past 6 years) which fit me feetz perfectly but ......
You should have stopped after "perfectly".

So tell me, where are you willing to risk less than perfect fit in your shoes to save a few bucks and change the look? Loose heel? Too low an arch? Tight in the toes? A hot spot where the straps sit? Because that's the risk you take going to the Adidas. Or Sidis. Or any other shoe.

WTF do you care if Sidi's fit my feet, or the majority of people's feet? It's your feet and you found a brand that fits PERFECTLY. If you have perfect fit, not a single problem, with ANY contact points, do NOT mess with it.

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dr hoo said:
You should have stopped after "perfectly".

So tell me, where are you willing to risk less than perfect fit in your shoes to save a few bucks and change the look? Loose heel? Too low an arch? Tight in the toes? A hot spot where the straps sit? Because that's the risk you take going to the Adidas. Or Sidis. Or any other shoe.

WTF do you care if Sidi's fit my feet, or the majority of people's feet? It's your feet and you found a brand that fits PERFECTLY. If you have perfect fit, not a single problem, with ANY contact points, do NOT mess with it.
It's all about the absolute reason one should not be buying shoes...how they look:eek: :eek: There are some sweet white adidas out there that keep popping up at a good price. But I keep wondering. If they are good shoes, how come there are so many out there. I wouldn't move away from Diadora. But have thoughts of trying something new out. So, I had to ask.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
FWIW-the Adidas that I had DID fit me well, and I suspect, since Dia's and NW's fit you as well, the Adidas prolly will be sweets to your feetz.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts