Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the link.

There's a cross post in Pro Cycling too.

I wonder if it's an April Fool's joke but if it isn't, then this might be the dumbest thing the UCI does yet and I hope that riders actually manage to sue them for damages when a bug or some dirt goes in their eye and cause them some problems ranging from missing an attack to getting eye trouble.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I sure hope it is. But knowing the UCI, well, erm, it could well be real. And I have a whole set of sentiments for that if it is true.

After all, the UCI isn't about April Fools since they are pretty much fools at times. :D

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
and im sure you are also aware that:
- the roubaix velodrome is double booked for the spring carnival Roubaix Poisson d'avril
- armstrong had his shoulder surgically to be more aero
- bristish track cyclists had to bike to their next event
- rock racing will have a training camp in prison
- there will be cross tandem
- mtb courses will be extended to 60k/lap
- cc components are the real deal
- zip is selling an 80th anny wool jersey to celebrate this guy:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2009/apr09/apr01newsspecial

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
It's an April fools joke. But check out the cover story about Lance coming back as a Sprinter!! ;-)

·
Administrator
13,006 Posts
April 1 Fail.

:rolleyes:

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VaughnA said:
It's an April fools joke. But check out the cover story about Lance coming back as a Sprinter!! ;-)
I actually almost believed that!

I do believe he must have done some sprint workouts but that's all I read up till anyway.

But of course, there's no way he could train to actually win a sprint so up till after that point, it's clearly a joke.

"We could train him 38 hours a week to improve his climbing by 5 seconds or train him in the gym 5-6 hours a week and win time bonuses worth 15seconds."

Wait, isn't the TdF sans time bonuses?? Bam!

·
Administrator
13,006 Posts
Here you go.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Hey, the UCI has done some pretty phucked up stuff -- a ban on glasses .... coming from them? Almost believeable.

The quote from Graham Watson about "finally being able to see their eyes.." was a nice touch!

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
I learned my lesson with Velonews years ago. Never believe anything on the front page of the April 1 webpage.

Reminds me of the old Audio magazine when I was an audiophile. Every year in April they would have a review of a multi-thousand dollar piece of equipment from Lirpa Labs. It was unbelievable who would fall for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts