Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First real shop ride tonight. About 50 degrees but no wind. Ten people showed up. Wednesday nights are the testosterone fest and your could hear a lot of "too early in the season" moaning but everybody ramped up for the water tank hill and it was on in the sprint zones so it was a fun night! I love road bikes.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I do love night rides this time of year. Taken just a few hours ago.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Sweet, the first Wednesday ride out of my LBS is next week. I will be there for sure.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
jd3 said:
I'd kill to have cool roads like that.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
I like to hear about all these unrealistic high-MPH averages everyone is capable of. Seriously, have a professional calibrate your cycling computers or something. Either that, or stop blowing through the red lights and stop signs.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Leopold Porkstacker said:
I like to hear about all these unrealistic high-MPH averages everyone is capable of. Seriously, have a professional calibrate your cycling computers or something. Either that, or stop blowing through the red lights and stop signs.
Boy, you're really making the rounds tonight.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
My Wednesday ride was a bit of a death march. Tuesday I went harder than I have all year, and I guess I'm not used to two rides back to back or something.

And the cat is snoring.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Our outdoor shop rides won't start for a couple more weeks. Darn mountains get in the way of the setting sun.

·
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jd3 said:
Man, the trees are already blooming where you're at. We still got some snow on the ground.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
Boy, you're really making the rounds tonight.
Really now, I need to find out who these people are who can ride their bikes as fast as cars can, and see if I can keep up with them. That’s quite fast. I thought that being able to go 17.5 miles in an average of 45 minutes to or from my place of employment was fast, and that’s with traffic signs and stoplights.

·
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bmxhacksaw said:
You can't really see it in my avatar but my tounge was as firmly planted in my cheek as Dr. Roebuck's was. I really only averaged 28.7 mph.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts