Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Disappointed high road only managed 3rd, really fancied them for the win, especially after Cav nicked it in the Romandie prologue! Still good solid performance by them, and Barloworld. CSC are looking really strong as well, can't wait for the proper action to start!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
First of all, fantastic job by Slipstream. Their "sacrifice a rider or two" strategy worked out pretty well. Also, this is clearly the kind of race they were made for, with so many TT engines on that team.

Still, their win doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of GC, nor does CSC's second place, since neither team is coming with the climbing guns to compete in the 3rd week.

Looks like Pellizotti gained the most today, and Ricco suffered the biggest blow of the potential favorites. Maybe I just wasn't aware of their capabilities, but I thought LPR would struggle to keep DiLuca within a minute. Great job by them.

Using the following list of favorites, here is a "normalized" GC:

Pellizotti 0:00
DiLuca 0:19
Contador 0:20
Levi 0:20
Kloden 0:20
Bruseghin 0:36
Simoni 0:42
Ricco 0:53

·
Registered
447 Posts
justinb said:
First of all, fantastic job by Slipstream. Their "sacrifice a rider or two" strategy worked out pretty well. Also, this is clearly the kind of race they were made for, with so many TT engines on that team.

Still, their win doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of GC, nor does CSC's second place, since neither team is coming with the climbing guns to compete in the 3rd week.

Looks like Pellizotti gained the most today, and Ricco suffered the biggest blow of the potential favorites. Maybe I just wasn't aware of their capabilities, but I thought LPR would struggle to keep DiLuca within a minute. Great job by them.

Using the following list of favorites, here is a "normalized" GC:

Pellizotti 0:00
DiLuca 0:19
Contador 0:20
Levi 0:20
Kloden 0:20
Bruseghin 0:36
Simoni 0:42
Ricco 0:53
No mention of Marco Pinotti or Menchov?

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
I thought Astana would have done better honestly but I guess not.

Slipstream rocked. Dave Z had a Ferret on his lips as EuroSports would say.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Kris Flatlander said:
No mention of Marco Pinotti or Menchov?

Good point. Menchov is a definite oversight on my part. I had originally intended to include him. I hadn't really considered Pinotti, but why not? ..

Revised:

Pinotti 0:00
Pellizotti 0:02
DiLuca 0:21
Contador 0:22
Levi 0:22
Kloden 0:22
Bruseghin 0:38
Simoni 0:44
Ricco 0:55
Menchov 0:57

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
jukebox said:
They didnt have much time for ttt practice...
I kinda guessed so too and also, add the fact that the riders are not fully primed for this Giro yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.