Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Front wheel is fine... I wonder if a different hub could be used for a stiffer build? Anyways my 3.4 weigh that with extralite hubs so I'm not in the market anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Odd that a rear wheel with a rim weight around 425 grams would be accused of slow spin up. They are light, but there are better choices in the ENVE offerings IMHO.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Odd that a rear wheel with a rim weight around 425 grams would be accused of slow spin up. They are light, but there are better choices in the ENVE offerings IMHO.
the takeaway is massive flex and not spin up.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts

·
Cpark
2,062 Posts
Reviewed: Enve SES 2.2 wheels - VeloNews.com

I think people like the name is why they are popular. Seems Chinese production is catching up maybe.

I bought a set and I experienced a small amount of rub from the front wheel as well.
However, I experienced a lot of rub from the rear wheel.
Mine was laced on Tune hubset with CX-Rays spokes.
I'm getting the front one re-laced with CX Sprint and the rear one with the Race spokes.
I hope it will take care of the rubbing.

I think Enve should and will come out with 24/28 spoke pattern for shallow rims in the near future.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
We're not talking about making fine wine here where location and experience are the whole thing. Anyone can be trained to make bike components and geographical location and ethnicity doesn't matter. If a certain companies made in China parts suck (which many do) it's because they have chosen the suck option in China. No different than if a company chooses cheap production methods and skimping on QC in the US or Yurp.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely, Chinese production will improve a lot in the next few years. That will probably result in cheaper and better products.
Never going to happen. Take Nikon for example, they have been in China for lower end optics for years and still have issues sometimes. It's called Chinese roulette. That's why the stuff made in Japan is superior, as QA is "in house."

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Back in the 50's and early 60's "Made in Japan" was synonymous with junk. Did anybody back then predict that Japan would be at the pinnacle of tech and quality in 2000? Somebody probably did. China is going through that same metamorphosis, just 50 years later.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Back in the 50's and early 60's "Made in Japan" was synonymous with junk. Did anybody back then predict that Japan would be at the pinnacle of tech and quality in 2000? Somebody probably did. China is going through that same metamorphosis, just 50 years later.
I doubt it..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts