Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a post ride interview DZ states he thought a course pre-ride would have helped. BJ crashes in a tight corner and is out. FL's trainer said Floyd rode the course this AM and they were the only ones out there. It would seem it cost CSC a lot, and I am surprised that everyone didn't pre-ride such an important stage. What do the rest of my fellow DSs think?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Hardly...

lithiapark said:
In a post ride interview DZ states he thought a course pre-ride would have helped. BJ crashes in a tight corner and is out. FL's trainer said Floyd rode the course this AM and they were the only ones out there. It would seem it cost CSC a lot, and I am surprised that everyone didn't pre-ride such an important stage. What do the rest of my fellow DSs think?
Hardly anyone from any team goes out and pre-rides the TT course the day of the race. Some go and ride it during the off season, and maybe on recon routes, but hardly anyone is going to go out and ride the day of, Floyd being the exception. This is nothing new really.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
magnolialover said:
Hardly anyone from any team goes out and pre-rides the TT course the day of the race. Some go and ride it during the off season, and maybe on recon routes, but hardly anyone is going to go out and ride the day of, Floyd being the exception. This is nothing new really.
Remember a few years back when Ullrich crashed on wet ITT - I am pretty sure Armstrong pre-rode or pre-driven it that morning. Pre-driving would have helped CSC a lot.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts

55x11 said:
Remember a few years back when Ullrich crashed on wet ITT - I am pretty sure Armstrong pre-rode or pre-driven it that morning. Pre-driving would have helped CSC a lot.
2003 when Ullrich could have put Lance away, and maybe won his second tour, he crashed out.

Yes, Armstrong drove through the course in the morning, but again, he's different. It's not something that is normally done by most teams, or individuals. Maybe Landis did pick up a few tricks from Armstrong after all, as in pay attention to details like this.

G

·
That is one of Lance's best legacies - if you really want to win the tour, you don't leave anything to chance except what you truley can't control. And you sure can control you're knowledge of the parcours.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
mytorelli said:
on OLN they said Jullich had been very farmililar with this course. the pebbles made him loose control. the pebbles were from the people walking so much over the course.

There is no way - the road is clean.

He was pedaling through the corner too fast .. It definitely looked like he didn't have the right angle to make it around the curb - it looks like he tried to cut the wheel and thats what cause him to lose balance....

He probably should of bunny hopped the curb.:idea:

·
gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
55x11 said:
the final TT in the '03 TdF. They had a piece about it on a Tour show on Belgian TV. Twp guys went to try and find it. They went to the local town hall to find out where it was, and was shown on an map where to go. the woman who they spoke to said how LA had come there to get a copy of the map, and had rode the course well before the tour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.