Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, its not a tour post!

Why has Kristin Armstrong spent the summer racing in the states when she crushes the competition every time? It seems like she would get some better competition at the Giro Femminile and I have to imagine theres someone out there who would buy her the plane ticket. I can't think it would be because she wants to stay home- she's racing all over the country away from Boise. At the NVGP people were openly questioning if she should just race with the guys. Maybe Andrea can shed some light on this...

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
weltyed said:
it probably also has to do with promoting the olympics and training for said olympics rather than getting burned out beforehand. racing in the US is completely different than racing in europe. or so i have been told.
I believe that this year, but she's been mostly in North America the last couple years too.

·
Anti-Hero
10,405 Posts
The only light I can shed is that you go where the sponsors tell you to go. So, my guess is that Cervelo has plenty of bikes being sold in Europe, but, judging by their commercials with KA saying "I don't need no WSD frame!", they may be trying to build up their rep with the female market in the US. (The average female cyclist doesn't worship all things that succeed in Europe as does the typical male cyclist)

Like I said- just a guess. I can't imagine that she would not want to go to Europe. She's certainly talented enough!

Edit- kbiker: the last team she was on (Lipton- 2006, 2007) was domestic, so she would have been obligated to race mostly in the US, though she did venture out a few times & did very well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.