Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking out their new site and noticed that they no longer sell Campy groupsets. What gives?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Hopefully they're just waiting on 2016 stock.

The other option is that Campagnolo told them off for selling to USA customers sick of Campag's ridiculous USA pricing markup.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Noticed the same thing. This coincides with a 10% off sale on all Campy as well. Never seen this before. Thought perhaps Campy workers were on strike, but didn't see anything current. Unless it's one specific part that is not available, preventing putting groups together.

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you search the site by group name (i.e. Record, Athena, Chorus), it seems like parts for most groups are in-stock. But I'm not sure why Campagnolo doesn't show any results on the group sets page.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
If you search the site by group name (i.e. Record, Athena, Chorus), it seems like parts for most groups are in-stock. But I'm not sure why Campagnolo doesn't show any results on the group sets page.
Good catch. I have a theory. It is based on what US computer merchant NewEgg does.

Every "rebate" or "discount" code has an associated pool of virtual money with it, with a hard balance. Every time someone uses the code the matching funds are deducted from the pool. What happens when that balance hits $0.00? The rebate/discount is done.

Why do this skeezy thing? To limit the number of times a rebate code gets used, and keep runs from happening on discount items. The seller only wants to lose so much money. And doing so they can set a specific amount of money they "lose". I suspect that Ribble's new management is new...and their new site is, well, new....so instead of deactivating the code, their new site just hides the rebate item listing-in this case the Campag groupsets.

What is especially funny is Ribble sent me a reminder email about their 10% Campag groupsets code, this morning. Derp.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Makes sense. I believe the 10% off code for Campag groups has just expired.
It was 10% off all Campy items.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts