·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Old rumor, denied on his web site. They are still together as if anyone cares

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
So they're spreading the rumors now?

Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow have split, the couple announced in a joint statement Friday night. The seven-time Tour de France champion and the rock star announced their engagement in September. It would have been her first marriage and his second. He has three children from a previous marriage.

"After much thought and consideration we have made a very tough decision to split up. We both have a deep love and respect for each other and we ask that everyone respect our privacy during this very difficult time," the statement said.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/02/03/entertainment/e201206S51.DTL

·
Banned
349 Posts
Jeez! And I thought maybe this thread was about the Tour de France and who might win it this year. Or what OLN is gonna talk about when they don't have Lance footage to run about his making coffee in the motel.

What Lance has done for cycling is great. 7 Tours is pretty amazing stuff. But I'd look forward to this year's race just like a new flavor of ice cream that I haven't tried yet.

Even Pizza Surprema gets old after seven years.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Interesting. Go check the web site and see if his denial is still there. It was earlier this week. Must have been wishful thinking. I'm callingCheryl right now. Her social calender is wide open and she likes bikes.

Ice Man

·
Registered
616 Posts
Im pretty much a Lance fanboy, but I bet he's become a real pain in the ass to live with since retiring...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Dude, that's exactly what i was thinking. I know the type of personality he is. I am the same way. Man, if I can't ride, or other things try to get in the way of it, I become an angry beast. Just dreadful. The guy is still plenty busy, but it's stuff that is a drag, nothing glamorous anymore like riding bikes for a living. It's paperwork, fund-raisers, a$$-kissing, etc, etc, etc. Life has changed. Lance is one of those guys who must be competitive, with SOMEONE.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
This story below was posted on his fan club's web site. The story is still there.

One thing, Lance. If you are spending lots of money for public relations people, you should probably listen to them. When you deny media reports that are true, people are less likely to believe you when you deny media reports on other topics, hmm, say doping for instance. As a journalist, it is better for someone to say nothing to me than to purposefully tell me something that is wrong. I don't believe you doped, but when it comes to others, any and all small departures from the truth leads one to have cause to wonder.

Ice Man

Armstrong denies breakup with fiancée Crow
Cyclist says 'no truth' to rumors.
By Suzanne Halliburton

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The relationship between Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow still is very much alive, despite recent reports that had the star couple breaking off their engagement.

In an e-mail to the American-Statesman on Tuesday, Armstrong said: "No truth to it at all. Sorry to ruin the story."

Various reports had Armstrong, the seven-time Tour de France winner, and Crow, the Grammy-award winning singer, as either breaking up at Christmas or eloping on New Year's Eve.

The two were engaged in August, days after Armstrong earned his final yellow jersey. He retired from competitive cycling after the race.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm, last report is Yahoo Entertainment quoting People Magazine.

National Inquirer reports that Jenna Bush is preggers, and the father is a space alien.

I'm waiting for a credible news source.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Hardy Cyclamens said:
Hmmmmmmmm, last report is Yahoo Entertainment quoting People Magazine.

National Inquirer reports that Jenna Bush is preggers, and the father is a space alien.

I'm waiting for a credible news source.
Is Ye Olde BBC credible enough for thee? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4680176.stm Or are you waiting for LA himself to honor you with a personal phonecall. :rolleyes:

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Anybody have her number ?????

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The real reason

She tried to hide it, but Lance finally heard her cover of "Sweet Child o' Mine". That was the last straw.

·
Ryde or die!!
102 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
Anybody have her number ?????
Walleyeangler does. Goodluck getting through!! I have been trying for the past 6 hours but damn Wally will not get off the line with her!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts