Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't have any motivation today. I was going to get up at 5 and do a big canyon ride up to Estes and back about 85 miles. Not happing I turned my alarm off and got up about 7. And I have been siting here hitting refresh for the last 2 hours. I have 2 days left in the month and I want to match or beat my numbers from last year. I have 640 miles and I did 700 last year. So close and I cant get going. And I have to go back to work tomorrow I can't sit here all day.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
How can you not be motivated in a place like that. I checked the weather up there and it looks like the highs are in the upper 70's - down here in Texas we're in the 90's with high humidity. I did a bike tour through Estes Park a few years back and the scenery there is fantastic! So pick yourself up and get on that bike and ride! You're bound to start enjoying it once you actually get out there.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BikeRider said:
How can you not be motivated in a place like that. I checked the weather up there and it looks like the highs are in the upper 70's - down here in Texas we're in the 90's with high humidity. I did a bike tour through Estes Park a few years back and the scenery there is fantastic! So pick yourself up and get on that bike and ride! You're bound to start enjoying it once you actually get out there.

I know I know I'm a bad cyclist. But its going to be 90 here in Fort Collins and its the 25 miles or so baking in the sun I'm not looking forward to. Thats why I was going to start at 6am.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BikeRider said:
At least it's a dry heat, ha!

Your not funny :mad2:

I'm blond and blue eyed. So I don't tan I just burn. I did 50 miles on Sunday and 48 yesterday. I'm sick of baking in the sun. May be I can redeem myself and do the city streets crit tonight.
 

· What the what???
Joined
·
12,986 Posts
I'm with you...though my excuse is that we finally got a break in all of the rain we've been having, and now I have a head/chest cold thing going on. It's kept me up the past 3 nights so I'm sitting here today like a zombie looking out the window at 74 degrees and sunny...argghhh!
 

· MORE MINIMALISM DANG IT!!
Joined
·
992 Posts
My motivation up and left me in May. I got derailed by all the rain and the kid's end of school activities in the evenings and what not, and now it's just too freakin' hot.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
pulser955 said:
Your not funny :mad2:

I'm blond and blue eyed. So I don't tan I just burn. I did 50 miles on Sunday and 48 yesterday. I'm sick of baking in the sun. May be I can redeem myself and do the city streets crit tonight.
Actually I agree with this. I'm eagerly waiting for the Fall to hurry up and arrive. I'd much rather have some cool/cold weather to ride in. I leave at 6:30am on weekends in order to escape the worst of the heat & also because the sun's rays are lower intensity.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BikeRider said:
Actually I agree with this. I'm eagerly waiting for the Fall to hurry up and arrive. I'd much rather have some cool/cold weather to ride in. I leave at 6:30am on weekends in order to escape the worst of the heat & also because the sun's rays are lower intensity.

Now that I get up at 4am for work. It feels like I'm sleeping in on my days off to get up at 5. Its nice getting 3 hours in before 11am. I'm usually home and out of the sun before it gets bad.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
HOOKEM said:
My motivation up and left me in May. I got derailed by all the rain and the kid's end of school activities in the evenings and what not, and now it's just too freakin' hot.
It was 49 degrees in SE Wisconsin when I left the house at 5am for my morning ride. I actually had to go back in for another few layers.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
i have had those days where the body is just worn out and you know you need rest and down time. it will make you stronger when you finally get back on the bike. I am crushing last year by 1000 miles so far and I did 5670 miles last year. 6000 this year should be a piece of cake. maybe 7000.
 

· Vintage cyclist
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Some times motivation just leaves for no apparent reason.

There are only 2 options:
A) Don't ride until your motivation returns, or
B) Ride anyway.

For me, I ride anyway. Maybe just LSD, or some other easy type of ride. But I try to get something out of it.

Perhaps your body just needs a break, though.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top