Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I will be watching it and got a pretty cool app loaded on the droid last night that follows it all week It was linked off the TOC webpage. I also plan on riding the Harley out near Occidental /Freestone for stage 8 to watch the riders climb a bit since I am only about 20 miles away, would cycle over but plan on riding in town after to see the finish and check out the festival deal.

·
Banned
907 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Banned
907 Posts
According to our NBC sports channel on Comcast it is on starting at 2pm pacific time.
Wave Broadband, Rocklin, California. Residence is in Loomis, CA. Not happenin. Where are you located, approximately ? I went through all 600 channels and WAVE has no cycling. The web is too smart for me. Even after downloading new Flash player, no video. It doesn't help that all the "live" coverage is at least 4 hours old. According to Steephill the earliest coverage is 14:00 hrs PST, translation 2 PM west coast time.

Wave does carry "Comcast Bay Area Sports" bot that's Giants baseball, etc.

·
Banned
907 Posts
Found it !! Channel 720. We cut all the HD and premium channels May 1 to save $$$

So I'm SOL. Shiatt outta Luck

LOLZ

Enjoy the show friend !!

I guess I'll have to watch steephill.

·
Banned
907 Posts
Cheesus K Rhist. Not gonna see it. After exhausting every link, I have to install Flash V 11. And that is incompatible with Mac OS 10.5.8. So another download. Who knows what else I just pasted into my hard drive. The install will not complete unless I select "Replace with Genio as Default web something... " That would replace Google as my search engine.

Not happenin.

Too smart and too stupid for me.

Guess it's the Giants game. What a waste of time.

Euro Sport Finally. stopstream.com

Edit: Har Har Har - from another thread:

Some time ago I installed iLivid to watch streaming video for something or other. It took over my browser and installed its own toolbar for searches and whatever. Didn't want it and had to spend a lot of time and effort figuring how to remove it.

Cycling fans always has an ad telling me that I need to "update" my flash video program to view content. I am slightly paranoid about controlling my own computer. Certainly an opportunity to install malware, or, like iLivid, nuisance ware. Has anybody installed this and what are the gotchas.

Never mind - took the trouble to search and seems to be malware.

·
off the back
15,593 Posts
As usual, tons of picture breakup. Funny that the Giro can send pictures all the way from Italy with very few problems, but the producers of this thing can't even get problem-free pictures from California.

·
Banned
907 Posts
First race I have watched. Very interesting. I guess many are used to it but it really bugs me. All the clowns, the blimpy suit spectators. Cars, motorcycles, all kinds crap waiting to get hit and cause a crash. Simply amazing to me as a first time viewer. I like how they showed the one rider take 6 water bottles then hand them off to his team. This is a righteous sport. Maybe rethinking the cable sports channel.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Ok, this is a weird thread. If you want to watch this race on TV, just tune to the NBC Sports Channel. If you don't get this channel, you are truly SOL for this medium.

If you want to watch the race on the internet, go to amgentourofcalifornia.com. Click on Tour Tracker, where you will be regaled with maps, profiles, text update, time gaps, and live video feed.

JSR

·
banned from the museum
6,622 Posts
I watched. I wish they'd quit showing that idiot with the football helmet and big horns on TV. I think it encourages him. I think he should be arrested for endangering the riders.

I watched a live re-stream of eurosport, because I don't have NBC sports. No live video feed through legit feeds this year.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry to you guys that don't get NBC Sports, it is strange that cycling is RARELY on the tube whereas you can almost always find a poker game or even bowling? I just read an article the other day that cycling is the new golf so you think it would be on a lot more. NBC is replaying it tonight at 10 pm pacific if you have NBC and missed it, gonna be a good tv week, will be going out to Occidental -Freestone area to watch it LIVE (20 minutes from home) next Sunday for the last stage. ;-)

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.