Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
From an email I received from cycling-tv

The biggest race in the world starts on Saturday and you can enjoy a behind the scenes insight to the race with the team at Cycling.tv!
We will be at the Tour De France every day of the next 3 weeks to bring you a daily 2 hour show. Our show will focus on the news behind the spectacle of the Tour De France.
Each day in the studio, we will keep you updated on developments throughout each stage. <b>Whilst we do not have live rights</b>, we will ensure you know what is happening, minute by minute!

So, what will you get?

Special guests to give you a real insight into what it is like to work on the Tour, ride the Tour or actually stage it. Our guests include former Tour rider Malcolm Elliott, famed photographer Phil O'Connor, Olympian and race director Mick Bennett, Pezcyclingnews correspondent James Hewitt as well as a host of other pundits and riders.

Daily interviews and features direct from the Tour de France from our commentators and presenters Anthony McCrossan, Brian Smith and Rebecca Sullivan.

Daily prizes including signed jersies from Ivan Basso of CSC, the Discovery Channel team, the CSC team, David Millar of Saunier Duval. VIP tickets to the tour finish in Paris, Rapha clothing, speedplay pedals, ZIPP wheels and many other exciting things to come!

·
Registered
460 Posts
travis200 said:
So, what will you get?

What happened? Did OLN buy cycling.tv and turn it into junk? WTF? Who needs interviews with a contenders @$#% nanny from 20 years ago? Baseball is boring enough you need that crap, but not the Tour. And c.tc is doing NOTHING BUT this junk. Aiiiiii!!!!!!!!

What a bummer. And even the OLN covereage is on later in the morning this year, so I can't watch live early before I go to work.

What is a guy to do?
Gordon

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Cerddwyr said:
What happened? Did OLN buy cycling.tv and turn it into junk? WTF? Who needs interviews with a contenders @$#% nanny from 20 years ago? Baseball is boring enough you need that crap, but not the Tour. And c.tc is doing NOTHING BUT this junk. Aiiiiii!!!!!!!!

What a bummer. And even the OLN covereage is on later in the morning this year, so I can't watch live early before I go to work.

What is a guy to do?
Gordon
OLN had the rights to the Giro also. The stages on Sunday (when OLN covered it on TV) were not on line. Since OLN has every stage of the TdF on TV, they will not allow competition on line.

Eurosport may have live commentary and we may be able to pick up the video from one of the Euro state TV sites. They usually die of overload at the finish, but better than nothing.

TF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.