Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· duh...
9,749 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
For the same reason most new bikes aren't sold with pedals. Pedals are a personal choice. There are many models and most cyclists have a preference..I like Shimano pedals..If I bought a bike with LOOK pedals, I'd end up selling them

they don't come with crappy plastic platform pedals anymore?

· Registered
11,555 Posts
rodar y rodar said:
For the same reason it seems like they ought to sell them without saddles. Wonder why that isn`t the norm also.
It's a lawyer thing. You can't ride a bike without pedals, but you can ride a and possibly sustain serious lower gastrointestinal tract injuries (brain injuries with some people) on a bike with a seat post and no saddle.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
JimP said:
My LBS says that if you don't like the saddle on the new bike, they will swap it until you get one that fits.
any LBS will swap out parts...for a price.

Any higher end bike will generally not come with pedals.

· Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
wim said:
It's a lawyer thing. You can't ride a bike without pedals, but you can ride and possibly sustain serious lower gastrointestinal tract injuries (brain injuries with some people) a bike with a seat post and no saddle.

I find this post completely humorous. Of course I would be the person who would sustain a brain injury if I road a bike with no seat. :blush2:

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
jupiterrn said:
I find this post completely humorous. Of course I would be the person who would sustain a brain injury if I road a bike with no seat. :blush2:
When I bought my new 29er I had to remove 3-4 idiot stickers warning me of the dangerous activity I was facing by riding the bike and that when I removed the cheesy chainguard I was risking "serious injury." Then there was the one on the fork near the quick release that made sure I'd read the manual about the QR. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.