Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen, I feel for the guy. He's under enormous pressure as the Tour favorite this year. He just crashed the day before, probably had a horrible night's rest and before he faces the toughest mountain stage of the race he has to first run through a gauntlet of pushy crap journalists. Okay but jeez Cadel

I especially liked the near simian expression on his face as he tried to flee from that phalanx of reporters. That was almost anthropologically fascinating.

BTW, I hear from Velonews that Cadel has developed a freaky affection for the stuffed Credit Lyonaise lion and carries it around w/ him constantly. I think this guy might be a little eccentric. You know, like Michael Jackson.

·
haole from the mainland
5,966 Posts
That guy tried to touch his shoulder at the beginning of the video. At first I thought Cadel was a jerk, but why on earth would you try to touch the shoulder of a guy that wrecked the day before? See how bad it is? Because you're a jerk?

Getting off with a handslap seems like light punishment for the jerk.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
harlond said:
I suspect it supports his shoulder in a way that eases some pain. Or he's a big geek.
Good theory but it still makes him look like a petite fille. Doesn't he have advisors, a publicist or something?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,340 Posts
Cadel is actually Flatbar in disguise.

Jerk.

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
He's not the first rider to push away the mic's / cameras. I'm getting the impression he's more a shy sensitive type than you'd expect; certainly not the same personality you see with Armstrong etc.

I wonder how the toll of wearing the jersey will wear on him. They talk about how it makes you ride better, but it also ratchets up the stress level quite a bit. Not to mention, the media obligations etc that interfere with the crucial daily recovery routine.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Creakyknees said:
He's not the first rider to push away the mic's / cameras. I'm getting the impression he's more a shy sensitive type than you'd expect; certainly not the same personality you see with Armstrong etc.

I wonder how the toll of wearing the jersey will wear on him. They talk about how it makes you ride better, but it also ratchets up the stress level quite a bit. Not to mention, the media obligations etc that interfere with the crucial daily recovery routine.
All is forgiven Cadel just lose the plush toys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.