Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy is affraid he'll be to skinny for the Tour.

Quotable
Here are some tidbits from yesterday’s post-race press conference that included Tom Danielson and Floyd Landis. On why he won’t be starting the Tour de France, Danielson said, “This year’s Giro very difficult. The last week is insane. I’m skinny no and I think after I’m going to be really skinny. It might be a little too much in terms of my progression. Okay I’m 28 but I don’t have the years that some of these other guys do. It’s important to keep moving up in a gradual progression and not do too much too soon and come crashing down.”

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,972 Posts
Noël said:
The guy is affraid he'll be to skinny for the Tour.

Quotable
Here are some tidbits from yesterday’s post-race press conference that included Tom Danielson and Floyd Landis. On why he won’t be starting the Tour de France, Danielson said, “This year’s Giro very difficult. The last week is insane. I’m skinny no and I think after I’m going to be really skinny. It might be a little too much in terms of my progression. Okay I’m 28 but I don’t have the years that some of these other guys do. It’s important to keep moving up in a gradual progression and not do too much too soon and come crashing down.”
Right after he finishes the Tour de Georgia, he has to jump in a jet to fly to Italy and prepare for the big race. The Giro is 3300 km, 1 million feet of climbing, 7 uphill finishes, 3 ITTs with an uphill ITT and a team ITT. I wish him well. A stage win would be great on an uphill finish. Top 10 finish would be awesome.

Little R&R with the wife, then do some good things at the Vuelta.

I don't want to be a pro cause "it's hard out there for a pimp".

francois

1 - 4 of 4 Posts