Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only thing on TV at all....Ladies are on right now with a good race going.

Jeeze, Abbot just broke a derailleur hanger pedaling on a flat level road on camera...there went that lead.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the Shimano neutral support broke her hanger for her trying to change her wheel.
I was wondering if that is what it was...couldn't tell because I was too distracted with how long that wheel change was taking.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Are you serious Universal Sports? The last two times up Lookout Mtn and you cut to a womens RR highlight reel and the Mens ITT highlight reel? Did you not think that maybe that's where the fireworks would happen? Instead we get to watch the riders power through the predictable flat section and miss the real action of the race.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you serious Universal Sports? The last two times up Lookout Mtn and you cut to a womens RR highlight reel and the Mens ITT highlight reel? Did you not think that maybe that's where the fireworks would happen? Instead we get to watch the riders power through the predictable flat section and miss the real action of the race.
They've done an awful job covering the men's race since Universal sports took over the signal....granted this race has been a snoozer compared to the women's this morning....but the broadcasters certainly aren't helping make a boring race any less interesting.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
So they catch Busche and do we see it? Nope, we are going to do a small clip on how Shimano changes a wheel. As we speak, Ted King and Tim Duggan are +20 seconds back about to catch and we are going to watch a small special on Chatanooga outdoors.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So they catch Busche and do we see it? Nope, we are going to do a small clip on how Shimano changes a wheel. As we speak, Ted King and Tim Duggan are +20 seconds back about to catch and we are going to watch a small special on Chatanooga outdoors.
I was asking my computer at that moment...."So that was a "'textbook' wheelchange...how about a derailleur hanger breaking one?"

Hummer and whatses-name managed to glossover how that hanger got broken replaying that clip 3 times now.

Reactions: spookyload

·
Good Person
1,695 Posts
Didn't expect that.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Only thing on TV at all....Ladies are on right now with a good race going.

Jeeze, Abbot just broke a derailleur hanger pedaling on a flat level road on camera...there went that lead.
Yup, had the pleasure of watching that go down live, while chating with Alexis Ryan of Now when it happened...what a way to drop it. That bike exploded

·
Good Person
1,695 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thanks for the link thechriswebb! I was there for the race all day, going back & forth between the finish line & that gnarly left turn 250 meters out. I knew that I missed a ton of action on Lookout Mountain. They had jumbo screens up for us to watch but they kept dropping the signal so much that it wasn't worth it. Was fortunate enough to run into a few people that had the tour tracker app on their phones, very useful!

·
Good Person
1,695 Posts
Thanks for the link thechriswebb! I was there for the race all day, going back & forth between the finish line & that gnarly left turn 250 meters out. I knew that I missed a ton of action on Lookout Mountain. They had jumbo screens up for us to watch but they kept dropping the signal so much that it wasn't worth it. Was fortunate enough to run into a few people that had the tour tracker app on their phones, very useful!
I was at the race in Greenville last year and ended up deciding to just hang out at the finish line instead of making runs. There was a jumbo screen there too but it wasn't visible from the finish line so I just tried to understand from the announcers what was was going on until the very end. I knew Timmy Duggan was off the front but was under the impression from the announcers that TVG was still close enough to him to contest the finish until seeing with my own eyes at the finish what a good gap that Duggan actually had.

It has to be really demoralizing to go through a hilly stage, get into the successful breakaway of the day, and then look over and see that an accomplished sprinter has managed to hang on with your group.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let's see; Euro pro AND race winner during the "doping" decade, now four time US Pro champ with mountain climber 39 yr old legs after little or no racing this season and as successful if not more than the other admitted American cheaters of his same generation (Horner being the exception). Do you believe in fairy tales? Sorry Freddie, you may be a great guy but there is room for considerable to not say big time Belgian, Mapei style doubt.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.