Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That says there must be some gas powered lawn implement within hearing of my house at all times. Dang every gall durn time I want to chill on my porch. Tried the front porch an hour and a half ago now there's shite going in the back.

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
The constant din of a lawnmower is tolerable and expected but I'm pretty happy the little dipsh-t that lived in back of my house out grew his peewee dirt bike. Residential neighborhood and he's out there gnawing away on that thing for hours on end.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
That says there must be some gas powered lawn implement within hearing of my house at all times. Dang every gall durn time I want to chill on my porch. Tried the front porch an hour and a half ago now there's shite going in the back.
Your neighbors likely think the same think of you whenever you mow your own lawn. Only the rich can afford the space for peace and quiet.

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
Not all lawn equipment is created equal- my neighbor behind me has a commercial-grade lawnmower I refer to as the "Deforester 5000".
That lawnmower-from-hell is at *least* 3X louder than my lawnmower. To say it shatters the peace is an understatement.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Not all lawn equipment is created equal- my neighbor behind me has a commercial-grade lawnmower I refer to as the "Deforester 5000".
That lawnmower-from-hell is at *least* 3X louder than my lawnmower. To say it shatters the peace is an understatement.
Time you bought a Deforester 7500.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
ordinance = an order or decree

ordnance = weaponry

you can over-ride one with the other...

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Mowing the lawn is one thing, using those skill saws on the sidewalk edging @ 700am on saturday morning is another thing.

I don't have grass now, just gravel! I left my lawnmower in IN.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah everybody needs to keep the grass mowed but around here it's usually the lawn services with the mega riding mowers, the back pack gas trimmers and blowers.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,145 Posts
The constant din of a lawnmower is tolerable and expected but I'm pretty happy the little dipsh-t that lived in back of my house out grew his peewee dirt bike. Residential neighborhood and he's out there gnawing away on that thing for hours on end.
The parents of the little dipsh-t that lives in back of my house just bought your little dipsh-t neighbor's peewee dirt bike for their little dipsh-t to ride around at 7 am on weekend mornings. It makes that sweet chainsaw sound everybody loves to awaken to.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
hopefully the switch to cordless electrics will reduce the noise. I know some upscale neighbourhoods where the garden staff are required to use cordless electrics for noise reasons.

around here springtime is the time of pressure washers, washing away the thick green/black crap we get on everything in winter.

·
RoadBikeReview Member
342 Posts
My neighbor had some nascar American cutting her lawn. One morning the guy started at 6:56 am. I walked out and videoed the guy. I waved him over and told him to put his mower back on his trailer and leave. He smarted off to me so I showed the video to our local city complaint dept. He got a $256 fine and was told not to mow before 8 am.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
My neighbor had some DH ******* cutting her lawn. One morning the guy started at 6:56 am. I walked out and videoed the guy. I waved him over and told him to put his mower back on his trailer and leave. He smarted off to me so I showed the video to our local city complaint dept. He got a $256 fine and was told not to mow before 8 am.
Nice, your neighbor must hate you but it's so worth it!

·
Proud luddite
7,236 Posts
You should live here in the Arizona desert....no grass so no lawn maintenance noise. Perfect! Of course, the summer heat is so bad that it makes you want to drink a can of Drano but other than that, it's perfect.

·
RoadBikeReview Member
342 Posts
Nice, your neighbor must hate you but it's so worth it!

Why should my neighbor hate me? She should apologize to me for her mower boy cutting the grass so early.
I spoke to her 3 times about the ******* cutting her grass before 7:30.
If the nascar American would have talked to me instead of smarting off I would
have explained the fine for cutting grass before 8. He ran his mouth, I turned the video in.

·
Boobies!
8,172 Posts
One of the things that we initially found annoying about living in Germany, but grew to love is basically you cannot do outside work on Sunday--no mowers, leaf blowers--hell, even no car washing.

Sundays are for good lunches with family, Hausmusik, family walks and chilling.

I would love to see it applied in the US--mainly because there always seems to be someone who has no sense of community and who fires up some gas powered noisemaker disguised as a power tool...

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
One of the things that we initially found annoying about living in Germany, but grew to love is basically you cannot do outside work on Sunday--no mowers, leaf blowers--hell, even no car washing.

Sundays are for good lunches with family, Hausmusik, family walks and chilling.

I would love to see it applied in the US--mainly because there always seems to be someone who has no sense of community and who fires up some gas powered noisemaker disguised as a power tool...
They'd run you out of town as being unpatriotic or some DB would tell you to "go live in Germany if you like it so much". Riding your monster mower, cutting down trees with the biggest chainsaw on the market, straight pipe hogs, and making all kinds of other noise has become a national US past time. A "right" in some folks view. Everyone is allowed to do whatever the h-ll they want at any time with no consideration about anyone else, ordinances or laws. I've never seen it worse with respect to "those rules don't apply to me". Or, my favorite, when I mentioned to someone that I thought gunning a straight pipe Harley at 6am in a residential area was being a d-ckhead they guy just said "well, he needs to get to work somehow". At least this thread gives me hope that there are some rational folk that still exist.

I do remember when most everything was closed on Sundays. We survived but many years later I don't know if I could go back to that. Stores open on major holidays bugs me.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Believe it or not, I don't have to deal with this for some reason. I think it's because most of my neighbors pay a lawn service and they DO work during reasonable hours (i.e. when everyone is away at work).

I use a non-motorized reel mower and electric trimmer to take care of my yard. So, the neighbors are fine with my yard work whenever I feel like doing it.

My gripe is that the multitude of songbirds living nearby start their squawking at 4:30 am.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
I'm not sure when the service comes and mows my lawn. They come every week, but at different times. All I know is it's nice to get back from a ride and have it mowed and trimmed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.