Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a late start this morning. Can I squeeze in photos, a ride and shopping? Sorry I'm wearing the same clothes as every other post lately...

It was a pleasant overcast quiet morning in North Hollywood. Here's the view looking down the street from our condo. Lots of greenery and flowers in bloom this time of year.

Our favorite - the lovely purple Jacaranda.

Dunno what kind of tree this is, but the bloom is about as large as a liter bottle:

Classic North Hollywood - rusty old El Camino, cacti behind the fence, and a jacaranda up there.

There are some great trees on this street. Forgive me if I gush - it's just that SoCal isn't exactly a green kinda place:

More of those huge creamy tree blooms, and a resident on wheels (another common SoCal thing):

And here we begin our dual theme for the day - blooms and classic cars. A couple bugs sprouting in a yard down our street:

Kind of a shocking orange tree bloom:

Yard sales are a lot more attractive when they're done in front of a stand of bamboo:

In case you're wondering, we're heading south on...

And since this is the city, there's all kinds of stuff along the road:

Lots of nondescript businesses and unidentified buildings. Luckily they're planted:

The only two who ever enjoy this sidewalk cafe - and they're cyclists!

Another classic - perhaps a Chevy Suburban?

We're in the flight path of the Burbank airport. Here's a Southwest flight zooming by:

(continued...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.