Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put Shimano 7900 shifters on my bike earlier this year. The shifters sounded like a pair of maracas. The noise was driving me nuts so I sent them back to Shimano under warranty. The new ones arrived the other day and so far are relatively noise free. If you have a noisy set, send them back, and Shimano will replace them for free. Shimano knows about the noise/rattle problem with some of these shifters. I wonder how many people have experienced similar problems with their 7900 shifters.

· Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shimano is replacing them without question, as they know there is/has been a problem with these shifters. I just took them of of my bike and sent them in. No receipt was necessary. Within a week, I had my new shifters. This is what I call good customer service.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Any problems yet with the rear derailleur??? Because if it was an early production model, then they also had problems with the carbon outer cage breaking. This too was noted as well. Some of the pro teams were spotted using zip ties as a temp precaution so that if it did break it wouldn't go flying into the spokes & cause major damage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.