Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions on a deep drop/reach bar (old school style) with and here's the rub, a 31.8 diam?
I'm currently using a 3T model and while riding in the drops I feel like my hands are gonna slip off
Thanks in advance.
Michael

· Premium Member
20,696 Posts
I spent a good part of last weekend looking for the same thing. I finally found some....

I suppose you want to know who? :)

biketiresdirect.com Look at the Reynolds bars.. You better check quick, I bought the 40cm bars and now they aren't listed. They still had 42 and 44 last weekend.

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/productdetail.asp?p=REOCC&tnum=1176141&c=1567276

FSA also makes one but I couldn't find it in stock anywhere

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok here's the problem with mine. I took my computer and polar HR mount off to have a looksy. They are Forgie XL's in a 46 width. The problem is my hands are so big that when I ride in the drops there is not enough bar as they abruptly end after the anatomical bend. I have had teh bike (Seven Alaris) for 3 years and it is just now bothering me. As it is a custom build the bar/stem combo is all fitted and dialed into my height. It is still bugging me so maybe I'll track down my bar specs and search for a traditional bar with a similar drop/reach.

· Premium Member
20,696 Posts
It's frustrating finding traditional bend bars in 31.8. I'm having a custom fixed gear and the builder is building a custom lugged stem. The stem is 31.8. I never thought I'd have a problem finding tradition bend bars.... I really wanted silver but they are impossible to find so I bought the reynolds and I'm stipping off the black anodizing in the clamp area.

Good luck.....

· Premium Member
20,696 Posts
Daddylonglegs said:
I hear ya Dave. I'm ready to pitch my stem and start over again with a traditional diameter. Looking forward to seeing the end results of your stripping project.
Here ya go.

I sprayed on Easy-Off oven cleaner on the center section.
Let it sit for about a half an hour.
Hose off the oven cleaner.
I use MAAS metal creme and old socks to polish

The picture was taken after about 30 minutes of polishing. In another 30 minutes, it will have a mirror like shine..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.