Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm spending a weekend with my girlfriend in Toronto this Sept. We'll be staying at the Royal York hotel in the downtown area. I won't have a car but we can walk or take the bus to almost anywhere. I'm looking for random ideas of things to do besides visiting the CN Tower. We're definitely going to Little Italy, maybe the zoo or a helicopter ride. Any ideas for attractions or restaurants (cheap eats or classy)?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
If you happen to like sports there's the Hockey Hall of Fame and a Blue Jays game if they're home then.
I'd guess it's easy to hop a bus to Niagara Falls but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Kensington market cheap & cheerful, Chinatown on Spadina & Dundas, Danforth for Greek, Little India on Gerrard E, Harbourfront, U of T area if interested in Architecture, AGO, Queen St W fashion shopping, Eaton Centre if weather bad, Bloor .. if rich, Little Ethiopia and Little Korea on Bloor W,

·
C6Rider
106 Posts
NOW or eye weeklies

Find a copy of NOW or eye for listings of clubs, concerts and other things to do. Both NOW and eye are free and come out on Thursdays.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Anyone know a great coffee shop to go to? Someplace to buy our own beans?

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
best price & selection of coffee beans I know of is in Kensington market, corner of Baldwin and Augusta.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
A must see at least to me is The Distillery District. A short twenty minute walk from your hotel. http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/

On your way, check out the St. Lawrence Market. http://www.stlawrencemarket.com/

As others have said Chinatown and Kensington Market are right beside each other and are fun to visit and also only a short twenty minute walk from your hotel.

Also Union Station right across from your hotel is something you should look at.

And the prostitution comment above is ridiculous at best, it is true, prostitution is legal, but what is illegal is communicating for the purpose of prostitution. In other words once you talk about money, even in code, you can be arrested and convicted. Not that you are coming for this, I just wanted to set the record straight for others.

Toronto is a great place to visit (and live) so you will have a great time.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The Distillery is cool when visiting at night. Also don't forget Queen St/Yonge St area.

Take the ferry to Toronto Island. There rent some bikes and explore this quaint area.
If you can return at dusk to enjoy the evening skyline of TO. It is quite nice.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Back to work today & was reminded of the great resturant area near my office - Baldwin St just west off McCaul - must have at least 20 places with a wide variety of food- nice patios - good for lunching.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
duplicate

1 - 19 of 19 Posts