Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering is anyone using high speed internet with out a phone line via a dish etc. How has this equipment and possible cost. I am trying to see if cost effective to drop my house phone service and use cell phones and still get internet. Is anyone doing this now and how is it working for you?
Thanks
Struggle

·
Registered
77 Posts
I hate the

phone company. I dropped my phone line and use a cable modem. I haven't missed my land line at all and my cable connection is tres speedy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
no land lines here... Just basic cable and cable modem. I pay about $50 a month for the two. For us it was actually cheaper to get basic cable and internet access than just the internet access alone... go figure...

Since we are gone all day and we get great cell coverage in our apartment, there was no reason to get a landline. I also like that our phone number is not listed anywhere...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Struggle said:
I was wondering is anyone using high speed internet with out a phone line via a dish etc. How has this equipment and possible cost. I am trying to see if cost effective to drop my house phone service and use cell phones and still get internet. Is anyone doing this now and how is it working for you?
Thanks
Struggle
Just keep in mind that 911 will not automatically locate your residence via internet or cell phones. According to the local paper here, there's been a few problems with this during medical emergencies when 911 was called by a non-resident/visitor of the house who did not know the address.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.