Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
the other Derek
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roll from the Page Mill park-n-ride parking lot near hwy 280 at 9 AM.

Route is loosely Arastradero, Portola Valley Rd, Old La Honda, West OLH to Hwy 84, Pescadero, Stage Rd, Tunitas w/Lobitos Creek cut-off, and descend on new asphalt that was laid down on Kings Mountain Road.

Since this is a training ride for me in preparation for the Levi GranFondo, I may add more climbing at the end if the legs are willing.

I can designate a B-group ride leader if the group is big enough and I see too many fast riders exceeding my social pace.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I might be in for this. Will probably just meet up at base of OLH, but I should be in for this. I will probably stretch this ride down skyline to 92 and canada if anyone wants to ride more.

If you are feeling really spry at the top of Lobitas head over to 84 and then back down to pescadero and climb Alpine :)

From there is just a quick decent back to the car on page

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,972 Posts
Power Play said:
Hmmm... If the predicted moisture from above doesn't materialize, I may join you as well.

Sat or Sunday?

Looks like Saturday is the drier day and none of the precipitation is expected to appear anywhere south of SF.

fc

G

·
francois said:
Looks like Saturday is the drier day and none of the precipitation is expected to appear anywhere south of SF.

fc
Yeah, it looks like they've pushed the rain (or slight possibility thereof) to late tomorrow or Sunday. Looks like I'm riding tomorrow (at least you'll have someone to drop now:D ). See ya in the am.

·
the other Derek
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No Drop Ride

Power Play said:
Yeah, it looks like they've pushed the rain (or slight possibility thereof) to late tomorrow or Sunday. Looks like I'm riding tomorrow (at least you'll have someone to drop now:D ). See ya in the am.
This isn't an Alto Velo A ride. There will be several regroups and we'll send someone down to pick you up if necessary.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Anyone insterested in starting early and doing kings down 84 to meet at OLH with the group?

Thinking this might be a good chance to string more hills together as I wont be doing the whole ride by myself.

Depending on how much of a gut check I have at the top of tunitas maybe head down 84 again and then do W Alpine?

Yes I cringed as I typed that.

Anyone?

·
the other Derek
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Possible reroute past Kings Mtn Road due to the chipseal that was laid down earlier this week. Thinking of descending Skyline to Canada Road as an option.

G

·
heythorp said:
Thanks for the beat down.

Gregg if you could check your garmin and see what we climbed OLH in I would appreciate it.
Wow, You got home fast. I just got in myself. I got stopped about .25 mi from the top while a wrecker pulled a car back on the road that had gone over the edge. :mad2:

I'll upload the ride right now and we'll see.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Power Play said:
Wow, You got home fast. I just got in myself. I got stopped about .25 mi from the top while a wrecker pulled a car back on the road that had gone over the edge. :mad2:

I'll upload the ride right now and we'll see.

It was really tough the last 10 miles. I was spit out the back.

I really struggled on Lobitas and the first part of Tunitas.

I had no idea you went up 84. Sorry we didn't wait/say good bye

G

·
heythorp said:
It was really tough the last 10 miles. I was spit out the back.

I really struggled on Lobitas and the first part of Tunitas.

I had no idea you went up 84. Sorry we didn't wait/say good bye
That's ok. Both my legs were cramping (especially the right calf) and I didn't want to hold you guys up. Hopfully next time it'll be drier and I'll get to bed before 2am the night before. I was hurting this morning.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts