Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

My name is James and I am from Salt Lake and I am about 33.

I participate in a number of different forums, mostly ih8mud.com (I own a couple Toyota's including a 1976 FJ40, and an 08 Tacoma), my local 4x4 forum, as well as have been out of the loop for a while on Teton Gravity Research forums (I use the same handle on both). I am also an avid home brewer (got too good at it, actually).

I have been mountain biking for a few years, mostly in the downhill scene. I have been wanting to ride more on the streets, mostly for commuting and fitness reasons (will get into more competitive stuff later, I just need to drop this 50 lbs). I rode a 29er bike I've had for a few years, and that really worked me out. I was talking to my dad about the cycle commuting and thinking about getting a road bike and he said 'why don't you take my road bike?'.

I got the bike home and have been doing some PM since the bike has been sitting outside-ish for the last 6 months and probably hasn't had any maintenance done in 20 years. The tires have been pumped up and the chain lubricated, derailleurs adjusted. I am trying to find more information and make a decision on what to do with the bike. I will post up in the Retro forum with more details.

Just wanted to say hi! and see if there was anybody from TGR or from Ih8mud here to say hi to as well.

-James
-Salt Lake City, Utardia

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
You can feel free to reveal your real age, we don’t judge here (yes we do).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi there.
(I own a couple Toyota's including a 1976 FJ40)
-James
-Salt Lake City, Utardia
What color is your FJ? I had a turquoise blue '76 that I flipped the rear seats to put in kid carriers. It once had a Holley electronic carb on a Chevy V-8.
Do you work for FDA? Although I don't think you're the same James, its possible.
Meet me on Wasatch and let's go for a ride.
Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What color is your FJ? I had a turquoise blue '76 that I flipped the rear seats to put in kid carriers. It once had a Holley electronic carb on a Chevy V-8.
Do you work for FDA? Although I don't think you're the same James, its possible.
Meet me on Wasatch and let's go for a ride.
Steve
I have a 76 FJ40 myself.
Its several different colors. Black, dark blue, safety blue, mustard yellow (the original color), and quite rusty... Though the floor is still intact (!)

I don't work for FDA. I work for a large telecom company doing things I don't like to talk about. ;)

Its going to be a bit before I would be able to dream of keeping up on a Wasatch BLVD ride. might happen, but I am not really into street riding -been almost killed by drivers of cars one too many times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.