Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Man
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right forum to put this under, but I'm in Portland so I'm hoping to catch the eye of other locals. After 20+ years of not riding and getting old and flabby, I got back into riding this past Spring. I'm loving it, and my creaking bones are holding up well. However I've reached the point where my 1980's Japanese made 12 speed Bianchi isn't the best bike for the rides that I want to do. I missed a good deal on an entry level Scott S50 on Craigslist this weekend, so I'm posting this in case any other locals know of good buys or have a spare bike that they would part with. I'm 6' tall, so I'm looking in the 58cm range. My price range is in the $300 ballpark, so I know I'm pretty limited in my selection. I need a bike that will be worthy of 100+ mile rides, as I'm approaching that level in my training. CL is littered with old steel frames and fixies, neither of which would be any better than what I currently have. I'm just hoping for something made in this century that will carry me through several centuries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts