Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· fifth time's a charm
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm watching the Tour of Georgia and it comes to the TTT. I get why they are on their road machines. But, since they still are sporting skinsuits, shoe covers and deep rim hoops why not go with the aero helmets?

· Registered
12,083 Posts
ewarnerusa said:
I also read it was to level the playing field a bit, but also to court the Euro pro teams by making it easier for them to travel. One less set of bikes to bring along.
Which is the same model that is used for tour of Quatar.
It's already a strain for the riders to fly to the states for a practice race. No need to make it any more cumbersome.

· Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
No TT bikes because the teams discussed and thought that it was best, given the steep climbs and sharp turns, to use a normal road bike instead for the better handling characteristics it had.

· limit screwed
807 Posts
uzziefly said:
No TT bikes because the teams discussed and thought that it was best, given the steep climbs and sharp turns, to use a normal road bike instead for the better handling characteristics it had.

It was the organizer's decision. No TT bikes allowed, due to the "technical nature of the course" and to level the financial playing field.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.