Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I currently have a 52cm bb30 frame, with 700c wheels.
I'm planning to get the Sram red cannondale carbon crank, will this crank fit onto my frame? Or do I need an adapter for it to fit?
I honestly get confused with all the pressfit, cups and bearings. Will someone please help me?

·
9,790 Posts
There's no such thing as a "Sram red cannondale carbon crank". It may be a SRAM Red crank that came OFF of a Cannondale, but it isn't a Cannondale crank.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Hello all.

I currently have a 52cm bb30 frame, with 700c wheels.
I'm planning to get the Sram red cannondale carbon crank, will this crank fit onto my frame? Or do I need an adapter for it to fit?
I honestly get confused with all the pressfit, cups and bearings. Will someone please help me?
I'm guessing you are looking at picking up a set of cranks that someone took off a bike and replaced with something else?
Cranks need to match the BB, the BB needs to match the frame shell, and chain rings need to be compatible with the drive chain and FD.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,671 Posts
since mikerp is the only person that has come close to answering the question so far, mostly due to lack of information provided by the OP...

since the SRAM crank apparently came off a Cannondale frame it's most likely a BB30 crank. sooooo, if the OP's frame is BB30 it should work. as Kerry posted there is no 'SRAM Red Cannondale' crank. doesn't exist. knowing exactly which model of Cannondale the crank came from would really help, hint hint OP.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I must of misunderstood the item description when I was reading it. I agree with you, it probably did come off a cannondale bike. I did remembering reading it was a bb30 kind of crank as well and my frame IS a bb30. SO this would fit fine? I'm sorry, I don't know which model the crank came off from.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I was looking up random bb30 cranks that would hopefully fit onto my frame. You mean like a 68mm crank has to fit a 68mm frame? and a crank per say a 9 speed has to be compatible with a 9 speed cassette?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Frame

Seat Tube (1)

Top Tube (3)
Head Tube (4)
Chain Stay (5)
Seat Tube Angle (6)
Head Tube Angle (7)

S
52cm

51.8cm
130mm
405mm
74.5°
73°

<tbody>
</tbody>

This is also the information I got from the frame I bought.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,671 Posts
you don't really need to match crank/chainrings to the number of gears in the rear. 9 & 10 are pretty much interchangeable.
BB30 frames are 68mm wide, and BB30 cranks are designed to work w/ that shell width. there are lots of other cranks w/ 30mm spindles that won't work on BB30 frames, so you should be aware of that.
the geometry chart you posted has nothing at all to do w/ crank/bottom bracket compatibility.

·
Banned
443 Posts
Keep reading this forum Roadbiker. These guys are good and you will learn from them. I have and I'm still learning. You will have to take some crap from the likes of "spookyload" who I think are in here just to give crap but many many more are in here for the good of helping others.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
It was a freaking joke. Jesus. Lighten up. You got a whole thread of valid responses you would not listen too. CXwrench told you the answer three times. I was just trying to interject some levity. And since you obviously didn't get the joke I will explain it. Folks were asking you specifics about the frame the cranks came off of, and you posted the frame geometry which was irrelevant as the color of the bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.