Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a Chobani today. Not nearly as good as Noosa. What's your favorite yogurt?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no comparison. Chobani, Fage - imposters. Danon and Yoplait are the Treks of yogurt.

Noosa is the new best thing.
The Chobani is thick and has a really good looking mix of fruit on the bottom (whole blueberries even), but it just doesn't taste like anything. The Noosa has a much richer taste.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
The Chobani is thick and has a really good looking mix of fruit on the bottom (whole blueberries even), but it just doesn't taste like anything. The Noosa has a much richer taste.
Before Astarte placed Noosa before me, I was eating Fage and Chobani. I like the Chobani, but it's not exceptional. Fage is good too but their two part container is a PITA.

I hope Noosa survives because I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before Astarte placed Noosa before me, I was eating Fage and Chobani. I like the Chobani, but it's not exceptional. Fage is good too but their two part container is a PITA.

I hope Noosa survives because I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't.
When I complained about the fizzy one I had gotten they sent me a coupon for a free one and a handwritten note apologizing. Pretty good customer service.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
As a four dotter, I proclaim Fage with Honey to be the best.

Reactions: rogger

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
SpongeBob Go-gurt

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
I used some of that in a pinch when I ran out of yogurt one day--I think it's 98% sugar.
Strangely they only have 10 grams of sugar which is roughly equivalent to the amount of sugar in Chobani.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
As a four dotter, I proclaim Fage with Honey to be the best.
I'm going to have to agree with this. I don't really like yogurt but have been finding myself eating this regularly after the GF brought it home!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
It's no wonder I have only one dot. :sad:

·
Super Moderator
40,812 Posts
Hermes is my current yogurt choice. I haven't seen Fage or Noosa in my market yet.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Strangely they only have 10 grams of sugar which is roughly equivalent to the amount of sugar in Chobani.
I got 19g sugar in my pomegranate Chobani at 6oz and 10g sugar in standard Go-gurt at 2.25oz. So Go-gurt has slightly more sugar per oz than Chobani.

At least *some* of the sugar in the Chobani comes from the actual pomegranate (and pom juice). Some more comes from evaporated cane juice (aka cane sugar).

Much of Go-gurt's sugars come straight from sugar and corn syrup.

The milk in both also contributes some of the sugars.

I'd give the Chobani the nod for better nutrition though. I also contains no artificial flavors. Not something the Go-gurt can claim.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going to have to agree with this. I don't really like yogurt but have been finding myself eating this regularly after the GF brought it home!
Try Noosa with honey...you won't go back.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got 19g sugar in my pomegranate Chobani at 6oz and 10g sugar in standard Go-gurt at 2.25oz. So Go-gurt has slightly more sugar per oz than Chobani.

At least *some* of the sugar in the Chobani comes from the actual pomegranate (and pom juice). Some more comes from evaporated cane juice (aka cane sugar).

I'd give the Chobani the nod for better nutrition though. I also contains no artificial flavors. Not something the Go-gurt can claim.
The thing about Gogurt and Yoplait is that they don't taste like yogurt to me.

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
No Noosa here, so I'm a Chobani person. I like the Fage with honey, but the fruit ones are too much of a pain to eat. You can tip the honey and it will easily run into the yogurt for mixing. Tasty.

I print coupons from the Chobani website to save a bit on them, but they're still expensive. Thats about the only thing I don't like about them.

I have a Chobani with some of my homemade granola everyday as an afternoon snack. I start looking forward to it as soon as I finish lunch.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No Noosa here, so I'm a Chobani person. I like the Fage with honey, but the fruit ones are too much of a pain to eat. You can tip the honey and it will easily run into the yogurt for mixing. Tasty.

I print coupons from the Chobani website to save a bit on them, but they're still expensive. Thats about the only thing I don't like about them.

I have a Chobani with some of my homemade granola everyday as an afternoon snack. I start looking forward to it as soon as I finish lunch.
I got a carton of Chobani at COSTCO.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I love the Fage with guanabana fruit. And the Chobani with pomegranate.

Haven't tried the Noosa, but I'll look for it. My grocer always runs out of Chobani.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts

Agreed on all fronts. My point was more to the flavor. The Go-gurt does seem super-sweet but it only has a little more sugar than the Greek style.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts